Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

shift light setup issue & noob headlight question

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  oizarod115 
#1 ·
hey all, new r6 owner here. Two questions for ya.
Bike in question is a 2005 r6 with PCIII and speedhealer

1. I downloaded the owners manual from Yamaha and attempted to setup the shift light on my bike but the gauge cluster won't enter the setup mode for brightness/rev count that sorta thing.

It will go into diagnostics mode show throttle angle and such. All other functions work on the cluster, not even really a big deal since its set somewhere north of 14k i just wanted to mess with the settings cause you can. :sing ..

anyone heard of a problem like this? I tried it by the book, tried youtube tutorials on it, tried holding the button for like 3 minutes seriously. tried the other button, tried it with odo up, clock up, trip up, no dice. tried searching, just kept finding instructions on how to, but mine definitely wont work like that.

2. NOOB headlight question :fact, obviously my r6 has 4 headlights, 2 on each side... should one on each side light for low beam, or only left side? im pretty sure all 4 function on HI, just wanted to ask.

TIA
:swordfigh

See less See more
#3 ·
cool thanks, guess i'll research headlight upgrades i seem to be out after dark alot.

#4 · (Edited)
#6 ·
To answer question one I had this same problem on my r6. It work fine when I picked it up from the dealer but then a few months later I wanted to adjust it and it didn't work! After about a hour of playing with it I got pissed and went to my dealer. Guy came out to look at it, HIT THE KILL SWITCH, and it worked. I felt like an idiot.

Sent from my toaster

#7 ·
alright ill try it that way, i hope that does it!

I'll also look into HID kits, i dont want any cheap aftermarket light assemblies though

#8 ·
tried it with kill switch off and on, in all the modes, doesn't seem to make a difference. i also tried disconnecting the battery, nothing changed.

anyone else have an idea?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.