Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

HELP ME, Light question, Noob

864 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  VEGAMO 
#1 ·
Just got my 2006 R6 from a friend of a friend.
it does have a fender eliminator kit, however I noticed the left turn signal light isn't working (only the right one).

I've been trying to dissemble it but it's nearly freaking impossible. Searched online for a step by step process and I can't find anything, I checked the manual but it's for the STOCK tail light.

Help!!! Here's a picture of the fender eliminator kit that I have.

Does anyone have any tips?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I've been trying to dissemble it but it's nearly freaking impossible. Searched online for a step by step process and I can't find anything, I checked the manual but it's for the STOCK tail light.
Are you sure it's the stock tail light? How about you take a pic of the BACK of the bike, lol!!! Looks like a hotbodies undertail to me, but tough to tell.

Most likely installing a digital flasher relay will solve your problem, one of the aftermarket resistors for the flush mount LED signals is probably shot or mis wired.

It does, the actual light blinks green. But only when signaling to the right.
Green is illegal, and for sure not a stock setup ;)

How did this bike even get certified/titled?!

-Jamie M.

#8 ·
Thanks for the responses guys, I finally figured it out.

Link to disassembling the tail light is here: http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24703&highlight=taillight

I decided to just buy a whole new tail light, found a really cool looking one on ebay for 35$. Link is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/120869088919?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

As for the people asking why they can't see turn signals, the actual rear light has integrated turn signals.

Here's more pictures of the bike, for those interested. Proud to join you guys.

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
THis is my first bike, I just finished my motorcycle training class 2 days ago, I have NO idea what is going on lol, this sure is a different piece of technology than what they let us ride.

But let's just say, I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!!

YAMAHA ALL THE WAY!! gsxrs look **** lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.