Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

down shift issue

607 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  noobster 
#1 ·
sometimes i come to a stop and need to down shift to neutral or first. so i fully clutch it, kick it down, and it doesn't go into the lower gear. a second attempt feels like no mechanical resistance... if i let the clutch out very slowly, it clanks into that lower gear. then i repeat to get into the next lower gear. this only happens sometimes, usually when it's been ridden a while. is my oil too light? i'm using Motul 5100 in whatever weight the manual calls for. anyone have similar issues? any help? it's an 07 R6s, so i guess the same trannies from the 03~05 right?

#2 ·
noobster said:
sometimes i come to a stop and need to down shift to neutral or first. so i fully clutch it, kick it down, and it doesn't go into the lower gear. a second attempt feels like no mechanical resistance... if i let the clutch out very slowly, it clanks into that lower gear. then i repeat to get into the next lower gear. this only happens sometimes, usually when it's been ridden a while. is my oil too light? i'm using Motul 5100 in whatever weight the manual calls for. anyone have similar issues? any help? it's an 07 R6s, so i guess the same trannies from the 03~05 right?
Pretty standard. Shift as your rolling or feather the clutch..it's what bikes do..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.