Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Silly Season continues, Spies talkes to Gresini Honda for 2013

4K views 44 replies 18 participants last post by  StockBiker 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
:lmao

#6 ·
Awesome! He certainly does have unfinished business!

#8 ·
I'm honestly intrigued by the prospect of Suzuki coming back next year. If he were to sign with them, and they were to put together a competitive package around him, he could do some damage.

The Gresini option is tits too. That's a great team that does an awesome job. :fact

#13 ·
^^^^ right! Same here!

#39 · (Edited)
A-Man was saying something about a 2-man team a year or two ago, but I think that was a different set of circumstances. On the one hand I could see it, but not at the expense of Gresini losing a satellite bike. Gresini has a long and successful history with Honda and I just can't see them becoming a CRT only team. They also field a Moto 2 and a Moto3 team... anyone remember some guy named Toni who won the 2010 Moto2 World Championshp with Gresini?

Also, Lucio rocks for sure, but Fausto has two 125cc world championships under his belt... :fact

#38 · (Edited)
I think Spies does well in GP. People have bad seasons.

He finished 6th in 2010 in the MotoGP championship, and 5th in 2011.

That's pretty darn good, considering MotoGP is considered the most elite level of racing with huge cash involved.

Nicky Hayden finished in the top 5 in only 3 of his last 9 seasons. No one is saying he has no chance in MotoGP that I'm aware of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.