Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

For those wanting to do track...

864 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  z31maniac 
#1 ·
A friend went to Putnam Park (Indy, IN) last weekend, and said some things that I figured I'd share with anyone interested. I've yet to go to the track, and I've been thinking along the same lines.

Basically, he said that most folks there agree that the smart thing to do is NOT to invest in exhaust, PCs, etc..., power "mods"..., but rather invest in handling "mods" first. You're bike has plenty of power..., most amatuer riders can't handle a 600 the way it's meant to be handled..., so why add more power first? Aside the guys getting paid for it..., I think I've met and rode with 1 guy that could actually power a liter bike around the way it should be....

Brakes, suspension, dampeners, lowering unsprung weight/rotational mass, and TIRES! top the list of things you should look at.

Yes, I know..., exhausts look cool, sound cool, and it's great to say you have 14 more horse over stock..., and is probably good for drag.

I agree with all of this..., yes, riding ability is the #1 influence, but I thought I'd share this 2 cents with all, especially those new to track and looking at what to do with their rides.

See less See more
#4 ·
Well, I disagree. My bike is more fun with the mods. I can roll on second gear wheelies - couldn't b4. It's all about $$$.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.