Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

views on these

1K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  R6ogers 
#1 ·
#9 ·
At the speeds you will going in the wet/cold, it is unlikely that you will get any of the tires up to ideal operating temperature. I've never run the Racetec's, however, I usually don't have a problem running SuperCorsa/Pro even in cold temperatures. Admittedly, I rarely ride in the 2-3 degree C range either though. ymmv

#12 ·
Each time a tire heats then cools, it hardens. This is most applicable to race tires as they reach much higher operating temperatures compared to tires that are run strictly on the street. If you bought race takeoffs, this may apply to you depending on how the tires were used prior to your acquisition.

#15 ·
The K1 K2 combo is good. They are not as good in the wet as say a PP or M3 but the difference is if its raining and water is pooling the treaded tyres work better. On a wet road (stopped raining) there isnt a hell of a lot of difference.

In winter they take a bit of time to come up to temp

002's, I dont like them as I like feedback. They also wear a little quick

Do a google search on heat cycle, basically its every time you take a DOT up to 80 deg C is 1 heat cycle. Generally you wont heat cycle a DOT if you ride normally.

Unless your balling up PP's or M3's, I would have stuck with them. 002's have horrible wear and cold grip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.