Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

70 section front tire, Aftermarket front fender to clear it?

4K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Chip 
#1 ·
Newbie here saying hello. :dunce:

I have the chance to buy a 2000 R6 in very good condition at a low price.

I have heard that fitting a 70 section front tire improves the front end.

And for some tire you have to elongate the fender holes to raise it.

but do we know of any Aftermarket front fenders that give the extra clearence?

#4 ·
he has an '00, dif generation r6.

#6 ·
well then, sounds like it should work.

#9 ·
So would the same performance apply to my 07 R6"S"? Im planning to get those Dunlop Sportmax GP tires but for the front they only have 120/70 and on my bike I have 120/60's. Will this be okay or will there be an issue of handling and performance where I have to get my suspension adjusted?

#10 ·
Yeah, you can either raise the rear shock, or lower the front forks in the triples. But I am not sure what the measurements are. 03SilvR6 said he lowered 5mm to compensate, but I thought I read somewhere that it was supposed to be 10mm. I was wondering too as I want a 65 or 70 front tire, but don't know how far to lower the front or raise the rear for each tire. I believe that the measurements are different for a 65 and a 70.

#14 ·
It's close, but it will be fine. Put 4mm worth of washers under the rear upper shock mount, and you will keep the correct geomertry up front. Your turn in will be a bit quicker, and you will gain a little more cornering clearance if you ever run on the track. Just get used to the bike leaning more on the sidestand unless you get one from an '05

#20 ·
yes, he means kickstand... some bikes have both kick stands: central and sidestand; but sportbikes only come with side one (i.e. the only kick stand)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.