Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Buddy of mine ran from Georgia State Patrol on a GSXR 600 and lost!

7K views 79 replies 37 participants last post by  S2 Studio 
#1 ·
So yesterday i had a friend out riding on his 2007 gsxr. Saw blue lights and didnt think twice, around here im told county cops dont chase bikes but not state patrol. He said traffic got to thick and the cop was doing 130 in the median whipped out in front of both lanes and pulled out his glock 21. needless to say he gave up and hit the floor after 6 hours off lock up he ended up with a 75 over ticket and reckless driving. Some how he didnt get an evading charge but **** 75 over is pretty steep. So to all you out there think twice about running from ol johhny law.

#5 ·
Yea i told him to get the video from GSP he said the cop was alright after they get the bracelets on he even showed off his radar system. Apparently its a remote he can point at anything and it will read whatever he points it at, one radar camera on each end of the car. And the cop was driving a new charger im assuming a hemi with some added cop tunage.

#17 ·
They put stiffer suspension and a cold air intake on the cop cars. Nothing special like most ppl think. Hell most of the chargers are the v6.

#38 ·
Learn from you friend what not to do. :cheers You have a good taste in bikes :laugh

#25 ·
You're the new Mario with all these pic posts you do lately! Sherman brings the lulz!!! :fact

PS, I need a beanie bro, wtf!!

My friend ran from the cops. Spent 3 months in jail.
Sucks your friend can't afford a good lawyer. I know a guy who was looking at a LOT of jail time for running. This was a ways back, but he had the sickest GSXR 600 ever with the ram air and shit being all new, etc.. Anyway, it was a fast 600 in it's day. He didn't realize he was being chased cause he was just that much of an asshole.

45+ points on his license, $5k in fines and court costs + another 10k for a lawyer and he only lost his license for 3 months, no jail time at all whatsoever... It's all about $$ :fact

If you don't have it, stay out of trouble!!!!

#15 ·
Haha im in Ga and have some friends on gsp. County cops cant chase over 100 mph, state can chase you fast as they want. Gov of Ga said they could take any means to end a chase within reason.

#18 ·
:eek5

Georgia cops>Texas Cops?

#20 ·
cool pictures though lol

#21 ·
My friend ran from the cops. Spent 3 months in jail.

#22 ·
Really didnt know that. Either way sounds like this cop was hell bent on getting him and he did!
Well I take that back, i'm not sure about gsp, but my dad was a cop for ever and that's what they do to the interceptors in our county.

Some gsp are cool and some are hell bent on upholding every tiny law.

Georgia and Texas are pretty similar with the stand your ground laws and gun laws

#26 ·
He led a 4 hour chase. Had the heli on him and was on local news.

#27 ·
when was this??

#32 ·
Every chase I see on TV with helicam footage is from Cali. :laugh Ever notice that? Round here, they don't bring in helicopters and shit. They just chase and chase and chase and radio ahead and ahead and ahead. Next thing you know you're callin me to pick you up from behind the fcuking dumpster at burger king in town with a change of clothes and different helmet. :lmao

I've done this a couple times for friends. The instinct to flee is almost always your first reaction.

This guy had 3 towns, 2 road blocks and 12 cops chasing. They went door to door in the area they had road blocked until a neighbor ratted on him.

I was always told this:

If you can't pay the fine, don't commit the crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
:fact I learned this the hard way a few times. :laugh

#28 ·
Maybe a year ago, I think.

#30 ·
was it that guy from the TS club?? cus i remember that and my other friend ran like 4 years ago he was doing wheelies during the chase crazy ass guy got caught served 4 months cus of priors lol

#50 ·
I dont give a sh*t about the fines, its the fact they take licenses. basically forcing me to drive without it, and incurring more fines (which, again i dont care) but only means more time without licenses!

Bascially they enable my dont get caught mentality. though, ive yet to lose my license ever

#35 ·
I have a good friend who was accused of running from the cops. had a bunch of cruisers and a helicopter and everything. If any of you feel like reading a long write up and watching the copter footage, here is his story.

http://tampasportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48509

I’ve recently seen many posts about running from the cops. Do you actually think you will get away? I’m not going to admit or deny anything on here- only state the facts in my case a few years ago:

Video evidence submitted:

1. This rider made it home safe that day, my GSXR1k was found later that day at T.I.A.
2. I believe it gets even more dangerous on I-4 & I-275, video footage is missing and not submitted in court
3. The rider is going faster than what appears in video
4. Rider almost died several times that day
5. 2 months later- the SWAT team kicked in my front door on a Saturday morning WITH the same fast Bell helicopter involved in this chase hovering 10 – 15 feet above my house to arrest me. Cops pointing guns at my dog & I as they storm in and woke up the entire neighborhood. The chopper was flying so low I thought the freaking roof shingles were going to fly off and next thing you know I’m face down with several cops on top of me inside my own home. My neighbors thought I was a major drug dealer or mass murderer
6. I never saw my MINT ’05 GSXR1000 again, seized by the L.E.
7. My court case(s) dragged on for 2 years, $20k later PLUS a brand new bike with all the goodies 
8. This happened 5 years ago, imagine the technology law enforcement is using today! (including all the camera’s we are starting to see everywhere- interstates & street lights)
9. I was placed on “2 year probation”- my probation was I could not ride anything on 2 wheels.. no street bikes, no dirt bikes, no bicycles, I could not go to any motorcycle shops, any motorcycle dealerships, no QS&L, motorcycle forums, NOTHING with bikes period or I would be convicted of multiple felony charges “with violence”. Since considered “violent”, they swab you for your DNA and keep on record (talk about invasion of privacy and feeling violated!!). Surveillence and mandatory home access to your probation officer and all
10. My probation officer was Leigh Killian (the Buc’s Cheerleading Captain LOL).. I thought this was a joke when I first had to report to her. Having a “smoking hot Buccaneer Cheerleader” knocking on my front door and asking for me and “quizzing me” created many issues with my ex-girlfriend. Yes I’ve been part of that “chain gang” on 301/41/I-4 picking up trash as part of my probation (60 hrs). I had to write a article to Born to Ride on motorcycle safety. I then completed my community service hours, probationary period and never violated.
RE: (BTW- Leigh Killian was very respectful and nice once she got to know me, at first she was hardcore LOL)
11. I’d also like to point something out again: they NEVER caught the rider in my case! I was accused and charged 2 months later.. I still lost my brand new ’05 GSXR1000 and incurred legal fees of over $20k and the 2 year probationary period- this is when I got into shifter carts, no bikes!
12. Imagine if you get caught running? Police vehicles, helicopters, camera’s on interstates, camera’s on street intersections, radio’s.. and by the way- going to the airport has already been used. My case brought along many changes and had the “Feds” involved due to the airport & TPD communication issues. Worst 2 freaking years of my life!!
13. THIS IS NOT A PART OF MY PROBATION! I’m posting this on my own- the court, probation, cops, lawyers, judge, drug tests.. it’s all over. I know some riders like me, others do not.. I don’t care and it does not matter, this is not about me. This is about you seeing for yourself what the consequences are if you do make that stupid decision to run (and could get MUCH worse).
14. I was not convicted, but I did pay a SEVERE price. However, this rider was lucky- the ultimate price is your own life so my suggestion and advice is NOT to run from the cops.. you won’t make it.
15. I’m not going to answer any questions, I’d like to move on. I am making absolutely $0 posting this, simply showing you the “real deal”
16. I apologize to the motorcycle community & everyone on the road that day for being involved. Luckily for the rider everyone involved, no accidents and no one got hurt. I hope some good comes out of this post to make up for it. Good luck, ride hard but more importantly ride safe!

-Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.