Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

TN highway patrol runs Georgia trooper into ditch

986 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Manoah 
#1 ·
For those of you who don't know, the Tennessee Highway Patrol has had its strangle hold on Deals Gap for quite some time now. For many troopers, the situation has escalated into a person battle causing many to act in reckless regard for the safety of others. The THP is out of control, resorting to intimidation tactics such as tailgating bikers, then when biker pulls over, THP also pulls over to wait and resume tailgating on the same biker. Here is but one incident that took place recently at the gap:

http://www.easttnriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18796

just had a guy on a Harley come in to tell me all about how he was just run off the road by a THP officer chasing someone down the lake. Turns out that although the Harley rider was well within the speed limit, the trooper came around a turn completely in the bikers lane, and forced hi mto ditch. The officer was chasing a sportbike, and never bothered to stop to see that the biker was ok.

Heres the kicker..... the biker was a Georgia State Trooper, that was here for the HOG Rally. He was pissed, and even I was surprised by the language used to describe said trooper.

I sure hope that something comes of this from his end. I got to follow one in this am, and watched him cross the double yellow twice. If only I had the cameras running.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.