Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Goodbye R6... Hello R1

4K views 46 replies 34 participants last post by  YamaChick71 
#1 ·
Came off a 2008 R6, and switched to a 2007 R1, picked it up from the dealership last tuesday with 0 miles, so far I have done A&R race baffles on painted shortened cans, Graves smog block offs, Hotbodies flushmounts, painted windscreen, and fender eliminator.

Mods already ordered are, PC3, BMC race filter, Clear Alternatives integrated taillight, Puig db black, Vortex mirror blockoffs, and Akrapovic y-pipe.

Lots of bug guts on the windscreen ;/

Any suggestions? comments? thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
#6 ·
I like this forum, but thanks.

congrats. In no way do I want this to come off as dick headish but personally I wouldn't buy any r1 older than an 09. Not that they aren't great bikes, but if I'm dropping the cash I'd pay a little more for the new tech.
the newer one would of been a lot more expensive than a leftover 07, I really like this bike, it almost feels like an R6, handling, balance point, comfort (uncomfort I should say lol.) Only difference is the power. I thought about buying a newer 09 r1 in yellow but it was pretty pricey.

I'm happy with the 07, haven't looked back once.

:lmao

ass. hahaha
win some lose some.

#10 ·
i know i am, but i know if i didnt say it someone else would have

#19 ·
very nice! congrats man

#25 ·
Thanks guys, and no it didn't cost 14k lol.

I guess they had it since 07 and it sat in the back of the warehouse, there were even cobwebs on the calipers, and I had them replace the chain and levers because there was surface rust on it.

Great bike I love it, haven't looked back yet.

#27 ·
Thats how you shop around f1aws. Looking for leftover model's from previous years. How you managed to find an 07 with zero miles, its amazing

#28 ·
Nice R1! Congrats!

#39 ·
i live in brooksville/spring hill area.

i usually dont go to the orlando area, i try to go no farther south towards tampa/clearwater

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.