Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Saying goodbye, it was fun

1K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  svldvc 
#1 ·
Hey everybody...just taking a moment to say goodbye to you all. There is a wealthful of information here and many great people to talk to. Unfortunetely my '03 r6 went to it's grave in early October. Took a turn a bit quicker than I should have and the tires were still pretty cold (it was 30 degrees out)...came right out from under me and slid into a rock wall. My gear saved me (EVERYBODY PLEASE WEAR YOUR GEAR!)...my whole upper body didn't even have a scratch or bruise....my knee suffered quite a bit of road burn (tore right through my jeans). It has since been towed away by the insurance company and the r6 has been replaced with a brand new '08 Ducati 848. A whole different beast...I've only put 230 miles on it but I can tell I'm going to love it though there will always be a special place in my heart for the r6, which was also my first bike. Take care everybody, perhaps I'll be here again when finances allow my to pickup another r6 as well. The new ones look sweet!

My best
-Bill

#3 ·
Sorry to hear that but as posted above nice replacement.

Also +100 on the gear. It can never be said enough times. Glad to hear your ok.

#4 ·
just because you don't have your R6 anymore doesn't mean you have to leave the site. Its always nice to stay informed on what going on with these bike for the future if you do pick another one up. There are LOTS of guys on here with other model bikes

#7 ·
Haha thanks for the kind words guys. It was definitely a learning experience for me to take things slower in the cooler weather here in Mass. Yes the Duc is a pretty nice replacement...lots of bottom end torque that I didn't really have on the r6...but the difference is the r6 screamed a bit more up-top...which is a given. I picked the Duc up in the pearl white and it looks very classy. I have quite a few plans for it this summer so I'm saving my pennies. I've already picked up a Ducati performance ECU and am going to toss that in along with a BMC filter and either Zard or Akrapovic exhaust. It's going to be a beast once I'm done..unfortunetely almost every mod on this bike also costs 3 times as much as a similar mod on the R6! Goes with the pride of Ducati ownership I suppose.

I'll definitely stick around the forums to stay informed as to what's going on in the world of the inline 600s. Every once in a while I'll post up some stories on my exeriences with the 848. Keep it shiny side up :)

#8 ·
+5000 on gear dude and so sorry for the 6, but one hell of a replacement i would have chosen the DUC. as well, and as others has stated u dont have to leave the forum either brother.

#14 ·
Later bro.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.