Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Speed Bleeders or a Mityvac?

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  8Ball 
#1 ·
Since we're all getting hooked up with the Fren Tubo lines and sometime in the future some pads and rotors, which bleeding tool do you guys recommend keeping in mind that I've NEVER done anything to the braking system past the brake lever? I just wanted to make this as easy and simple as possible without compromising install quality.

I searched the forum for a clear answer/write-up but kept coming to the "great" write-up that was deleted by the OP :screwy

Since Dieselboy's doing a write-up, what do I really need for this install?

#2 ·
avoid the speed bleeders. they suck.

i would avoid the vacuum tool also, as it can be hard to be sure you've gotten the air out. air gets drawn in past the (open) threads and can appear to be air that was in the lines.

pressure bleeding is the way to go.

i haven't bled the brakes on my bike yet, but why do you need a tool at all? can't you just squeeze the brake lever to pump?

#8 ·
I have used a Mity-Vac for years. It takes about 30 seconds from a dry system as opposed to up to several minutes by the "pump up and open" method. I do finish off with one or two "pump ups and open" to get rock hard lever feel. The vacuum bleeder is just a time saver, it is not a necessity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.