Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

OFFICIAL 2011 DEALS GAP: R1/R6 Convention Thread: June 13th-19th, 2011 - 10th YEAR !

60K views 1K replies 57 participants last post by  GIJoe007 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
ALL UPDATES WILL BE RIGHT HERE ON THIS POST

This is the kick-off of the OFFICIAL 2011 DEALS GAP: R1-Forum.com / R6-Forum.com 10th Anniversary Convention.

OFFICIAL CHAT THREAD on the event: http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299732

OFFICIAL Dates:
  • Monday June 13, 2011 - Sunday June 19, 2011
This thread will be reserved for info and convention talk. The convention is open to all ALL RIDERS and ALL kinds of motorcycles. Our small convention has grown over the years but we do ask that if you sign up for the convention that you sign up as a member of the R1-forum.com or R6-forum.com!

FUNDS REQUIRED:
  • $115 per person (includes dinner each night).
  • $20 for a convention shirt.
Total is $135 per person (make sure to add an extra $5 for paypal fees if you are sending funds from your paypal account). Keep in mind you are welcome to attend without eating nightly meals, this is an accomodation for members.

Paypal Funds shall be sent to DanQ at DanQ@SoFastSoClean.com. If you have any questions Dan or myself can answer them anytime. Make sure you include your complete info when signing up (full real names + screen names of people attending and that you clearly identify that the funds are for the convention deals gap trip).

Each year we have the nightly meals catered. For those that have attended in the past you know that these meals are TOP NOTCH!

FOOD MENU:

Monday
  • Roast beef w/ gravy
  • Macaroni salad
  • Vegetable medley
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Apple pie
  • Rolls w/ butter
Tuesday
  • Country fried steak
  • Red skin potato salad
  • Macaroni and cheese
  • Green beans
  • Peach cobbler
  • Rolls w/ butter
Wednesday
  • Roast pork loin
  • Fruit salad
  • Black beans
  • White rice
  • Squash medley
  • Cherry cobbler
  • Rolls w/ butter
Thursday
  • Meat lasagna
  • Mixed salad w/ dressings
  • Buttered corn
  • Broccoli and cheese
  • Chocolate pie
  • Rolls w/ butter
Friday
  • Hard tacos
  • Soft tacos
  • Ground beef
  • Pulled chicken
  • Lettuce
  • Tomato
  • Sour cream
  • Guacamole
  • Refried beans
  • Rice
  • Nachos
  • Smoked jalapeno & tomato salsa

Cut off will be April 23rd, 2011 for that money. We will have arm bracelets to identify if you have paid or not.

Here are the details to date:

Dinners will still be Monday-Friday and each year Yamaha usually sponsors Dinner on Saturday. If you can't come the whole week at least try and get there by Wed or Thursday. The whole area is unbelievable during the week when things aren't as crowded.

Place: Deal's Gap
Lodging: Fontana Village

Link to Convention Transportation Thread. Have space in your vehicle, or looking to split the ride with someone, click here.

LODGING: We do get discount rates, but you MUST tell Fontana Village you are with the Yamaha R1 Forum Group to get the discount rates and so that they put you with us. If there are any problems ask to speak with Debbie or just let me know. Their phone number is 1-800-849-2258. Make your reservations early. IT WILL FILL UP!!! It would really suck to not be able to get a cabin at Fontana:yesnod

Look at their website and inquire with them, by phone, to make your choice. 1-800-849-2258. I would suggest making reservations as early as you can, everywhere fills up that time of year up there.

They have blocked off 22 cabins and 10 lodge rooms for us. So start making reservations as soon as you can. After March 1st, 2011 they will be released to the general public and WILL sell out. SO GET YOUR RESERVATIONS MADE ASAP!!!

For the guys coming up as singles I would suggest getting together with other folks on the Forum and splitting the cost of a small or large cabin. There are gonna be several cabins available.

Fontana also has campsites available if you want to camp. They are approximately a mile down the road.

Everyone is welcome - but please realize that this group is made up with many types of riders of different skill levels and desires. This is not about getting together to race, or to drag other people into riding above their limits! Everyone is expected to ride at their own pace and have a good time!

REMEMBER: Deadline is April 30th, 2011 for all funds!!!

Alcoholic beverages: BYOB

T-SHIRTS: PRE ORDER ONLY!! The shirt cost of $20 is included in the price above. If you don't want a shirt you aren't required to purchase one.

PHOTOGRAPHY: We will have a professional photographer in attendance.

PRIZES: Of course we will have prizes like each year. These will be given out at the Yamaha dinner on Saturday night. You HAVE to be a member of the R1 Forum or R6 Forum and also on the definates list to be eligible for the Prize drawing.

We have some killer prizes every year so you need to make sure I put you on the definates list if you are coming. No maybes, WE said definates...please remember that.

Everyone can sign up by replying to this thread or sending a PM to myself or DanQ and we will put you on the list.

EMERGENCY CONTACT INFO: Everyone must fill out the sheet upon check-in at the reservation desk of the Fontana Lodge.

Here are some of the events that will be held during the week.

Monday-Friday
  • 6:30 PM will be dinner on Stonehenge (cabin and fire pit area at Fontana).
  • Cross Roads Lunch (usually everyone meets at the CROT for lunches daily)

Saturday
  • 1 pm Annual Ride to Overlook
  • 6:30 pm is the Big Yamaha Sponsored dinner. The prize giveaway will be during this also. .
Most everything is discussed and planned out in the evenings around dinner and hanging out. If you want to get up a ride or find out where people are going the next day come up to Shuckstack Road and hang out. If you get to Fontana during the day just head to the CROT and you will find someone from the forum.
[/LIST]

Please contact myself or DanQ, to be put on the definite list:

You don't have to be on the definites list to be eligible for prizes, but you MUST BE PRESENT! There will be someone taking sign up entries for prizes on site during the dinner Saturday!

OFFICIAL EVENT ATTENDENCE LIST: (Paid members are marked people not eating nightly meals are marked in the color Red so we can keep track of it)
  • SpidermanSS +3 (Paid)
  • DanQ (Paid)
  • Chuck Graves (Paid)
  • kangaroo (Paid)
  • Isaac039 +1 (Paid)
  • Crimson (Paid)
  • kynetguy +1 (Paid)
  • Olymp!A (Paid)
  • Admin - AKA "Stew"
  • Doc07R1
  • realmccoy1 +2 (Sportbikesforhire.com)
  • Zenski1 (Paid)
  • NeoGioZ (Paid)
  • 09R1-Pilot +1
  • Charlie (friend of Shane's)
  • Kevap (Shirt Paid)
  • NaLLa8705 (Shirt Paid)
  • goa360 (Shirts Paid)
  • Irish01(Shirt Paid)
  • BeaverPuncher(Shirt Paid)
  • Super_Dave_344 +3 (Shirts Paid)
  • Ls1_se7en (Shirt Paid)
  • PegGrinder, Nailbiter, Spankalito (Shirts Paid)
  • easyR6(Shirts Paid)
  • Kyle_M +1(Shirts Paid)
  • MANOWAR@(Shirt Paid)
  • 06dragonsShirt Paid
  • SkankyShirts Paid
  • rorytsm
  • Skeeter
  • martyna
  • 08 bat byke
  • GiJoe007
  • LE351
  • Meister37
  • R1Buttercup
  • tfs32 +1
  • KryptonBulbs +2
  • Pmbannister +1
  • collins (R6-Forum)
  • MrWillyJ
  • mefistofeles
  • ironaddict
  • untohim
  • bigpaul (R6-Forum)
  • A Cycle Pro +1 (R6-Forum)
  • Justanothaguy (R6-Forum)
  • Irishstu
  • BlueAreWun
  • Aint_too_Ghetto (R6-Forum)
  • Opher
  • dcracer
  • tapcon
  • Chriscarter R1
  • SPYDR1
  • r1Totzauer +1
  • ghostwolf
  • army88m (R6-Forum)
  • rmerchant3 +1
  • bi11dawg
  • jmcmoto1
Event Sponsors: Graves Motorsports - Yamaha - Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort

Wednesday Group Ride to Yamaha / Luncheon

This year we aren't visiting a dealership. Myself and Chuck Graves will be leading a ride along with Team Zyvax racing owner JB Layman from the gap through the Elijay mountains then a quick trip down 575 to Kennesaw, Georgia where Yamaha's eastern distribution center is. Wednesday June 15, please meet the group riders at the HELLBENDER store located directly at the entrance at Fontana Village (www.fontanavillage.com) at 7am. If you would like to have breakfast before the ride you can be at the deals gap store ( www.dealsgap.com ) at 7am where some of us will be eating breakfast before the ride. at around 8:15 am the two groups will meet together at the Deals Gap Resort to head out on the ride.

We will be given a lunch courtesy of Yamaha USA and a tour of the facility and they are arranging prizes as well!

This is a huge deal and doesn't happen often. I'd like EVERYONE to head over with us. It works out to be a 2.5 hour ride if I remember we'll stop in the middle.

• SpidermanSS
  • Chuck Graves
  • JB Layman
  • Jamie James
  • Kevap
  • Irish01
  • KyleM
  • Charlie
  • rorytsm
  • DanQ
  • Ls1_se7en
  • Stew
  • army88m - R6 Forum
  • kangaroo
  • Chriscarter R1
  • NaLLa8705
  • Super_Dave_344 + 3
  • Peg Grinder
  • Skeeter
  • SPYDR1
  • Zenski1
  • dcracer +5
  • kynetguy
  • Crimson
  • Doc07R1
  • easyR6 (r6-forum)
  • bi11dawg +1
  • 09R1-Pilot
  • r1Totzauer
  • Manowar@
  • NeoGioZ
  • Olymp!A
  • 06dragons
  • martyna
  • LE351
  • Brad (Deals Gap)
  • Weston @ Graves
  • Tyler @ Graves
  • Curtis @ Yamaha

See less See more
#3 ·
After I buy another 6 this winter, I will be going. Provided I can get the bike there of course lol I'll be paying around jan or feb if all goes well!! :YEA

#4 ·
I plan on getting a cabin, and I have another guy going down with me. We can all split the cost to get there and a cabin and save big $$$$.....Let me know I will be getting a cabin next month with my extra funds and you can save up and pay me when it comes down to it.

#8 ·
Ok well leave a spot open for me, if you have trailer space I'm 100% in as long as I get a bike this winter. Let me know about how much it will cost me in total to go out there and room with ya so I have an idea.

#24 ·
I am so in for this. This would be the first time there, so is there going to be a group of beginer's so i ride semi-slow, and, is there anyone from florida going. I live in the south west part of florida (Fort. Myers) so i could ride up there with them?

#25 ·
There are numerous rides going on throughout the week. Some ride fast and some don't. You shouldn't have any problems finding anyone to ride with and show you the roads. Most of the guys I ride with just kick back and take it easy. Sure, we goose it at times, but we respect the roads and their conditions. I'm not much on riding the Dragon, but we do a run called the Robbinsville loop and have a blast. Also, we enjoy doing the Skyway a few times too.

I'm not too far from Fort Myers. I used to ride with a group from Fort Myers. We met up at the Racetrack gas station off I-75 and Bayshore on Sunday mornings. Are you planning to make the whole week?

#26 ·
I'm open for anything but I want to have fun and play it safe. I try to go to Brabenton (exit 220A) for the 1/4 mile track at least ounce a week but it all depends on the weather. How far are you from me. I'm exit 161 on 75s.

#27 ·
I think I may drag the b/f down to attend! I'll be graduated with my masters and we were just discussing going to the dragon.... Hrmmmmz!

Im glad I saw this early! Put me down for me + 1!!!

#36 ·
i spend most of my free time there and let me tell you guys something. you cant be any slower of a rider than the RUBS (royal urban bikers- wild hogs). the point is its not how fast you get through it its the company you keep and the ride itself! just relax and enjoy the ride!

#38 ·
all of you guys are liars! the faster you go the more fun you have!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.