Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

My 2011 R6

9K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  zank 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. So I bought My first bike back on June 21st. I bought it brand new. From the time I got it, to now I have just over 1600kms on it as I don't ride it much on weekends and only back and forth to work during the week.

Here's whats done to it so far. Everything was put on the bike by me.

-K&N air filter
-Hotbodies carbon fiber GT Moto style slip on exhaust
-Hotbodies flush mount front turn signals
-Yamaha handle bar end
-Yamaha R6/R1 carbon fiber handle bar cover
-Intergrated tail light
-DIY licence plate braket
-Yamaha frame sliders
-Yamaha red tank bolts
-Yamaha red windscreen bolts
-Frame plugs
-Sportech whindscreen
-Super white 6 LED strip licence light
-Red 6 LED strip lights in faring x6
-6000K HID kit
-Yamaha R6 carbon fiber tank pad
-Yamaha carbon fiber fuel cap accent

Pictures:

The day I got it:

How it is now:

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks good. ALways liked the red. Interesting thing you did on the fuel cap too.

#9 ·
Yes they are Metal Mulisha skull above the head light and ontop of the rear tail.

Do you have a close up of the Hotbodies flushmounts??? I bought a set and they fit horribly. I think they gave me the wrong year??? I sent them an email and never heard crap from them. If you have a close up of them...I would love to see it. I have had a hard time finding a nice set for my 2011. Went with a set of Greggs..and they didn't flush either...hmmm. Let me know..nice looking bike
The fitment on mine are perfect. Here's the only one I have. It's a zoomed picture of it. You can see how it fits.

#8 ·
Do you have a close up of the Hotbodies flushmounts??? I bought a set and they fit horribly. I think they gave me the wrong year??? I sent them an email and never heard crap from them. If you have a close up of them...I would love to see it. I have had a hard time finding a nice set for my 2011. Went with a set of Greggs..and they didn't flush either...hmmm. Let me know..nice looking bike

#12 ·
Love the red color on the 2011...I just couldn't get past the skulls!!! I have been blue through and through since I had my 2004. I just never thought getting flushies would be such a pain in my ass. I took off my Greggs since a few guys on the forum thought they might be on the wrong side, however, I learned real quick that you really can't "F" that one up. If you reverse and flip them they are way off. Love the look of the Gregg's, but I will always know in my mind....they are supposed to be flush. Thanks for the Pic again....at least I know that there are proper flush mounts for the 2011's!!!!!

#17 ·
Looks good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.