Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

MJS Group buy Round 2.

6K views 44 replies 23 participants last post by  StockBiker 
#1 · (Edited)
The first group buy went off so well, it's time to open it up to a round 2!

At this time we will be doing a group buy on MJS headers. Pricing will be 15% off their already low pricing. $290 + shipping. Also if your current header is in good condition, no scrapes, no dings or dents you can get into the exchange program and get $85 back on your header.

We can also get you a newly designed Ypipe for $162.50. This y pipe has been designed to rival, if not surpass the quality of the M4.

Also if you are intersted in any of their slip ons or fuel management products let me know and we can work on some package deals. Check out their website and let me know what interests you. www.mjsperformance.com

1) 06r6'n - PCV- AutoTune - Gen 1 header.
2) J45md - Gen 1r header
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

See less See more
#14 ·
Man I been shopping around for a while and I'm definitely interested. Few questions tho before I jump on this.

- For my 08 r6r, I'd like to know the package deal for race headers and the PCV, Total $ ?
- I havnt decided on a slipon yet but I am leaning towards a Graves or Akrapovic, now what I want to know is, for the tune on the PCV, has MJS actually done their R/D for the different possible applications out there so that they can load a correct specific tune? or is it just a generic, "it should work" type tune that they have put together?
- If all things are golden, do I contact MJS when it's time to place an order or do you handle all the details such as what I am ordering as well as the PCV custom tune details?
(newb to group buys so sorry)

I just want to make sure I understand how it would all go down.

Thanks

#30 ·
this is fomr their "faqs" section

Q: What is the difference between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 R6 race headers?

A: The only difference is that the Gen 2 will not work with race fairings without modifying the plastics near the radiator, other than this they both produced the same HP on the dyno and everything else lines up the same on both of them. Order the Gen 1 if you have race fairings on your bike.

im really interested in getting the gen 1 and PCV but im going to have to wait until the 15th of May to get the money

#22 · (Edited)
few questions. When is the buy, how do I pay, ship , and send in my stock stuff for a rebate. I have the 07 r6 im assuming i would need the gen 2? am extremley interested btw

edit: Just rode with a guy who has a 10 r6 with the MJS gen one header and an m4 slipon without a PCV or bazzaz. 0.o holy god is that thing ballsy, always wanted to hold out to get the full leo system in july but this offer is to good to pass buy, still wondering about my pevious questions, also if i purchased the gen header and PCV they say that they'll throw in the custom maps, could they also throw in that custom map and one for the leo vince slip on?

#23 ·
Is the Gen 1 header simply a powder-coated stock header with the y midpipe, or is the header an upgraded race header similar to other manufacturers like Graves or Akra?

Trying to determine the difference in value between the full header or just the Y-pipe.

Thanks for the group buy! After receiving your response I'd be very interested in at lest the Y pipe.

#25 ·
#28 ·
Jamaal contacted us and said he wanted us to come on here and let everyone know that he will be back soon.

He is currently going to be away from a computer for a few days. And all PM's will be answered when he gets back.

#29 ·
#31 ·
Will the header and y pipe fit my 09 r6 with two brothers slip on? Will it all line up with my current can? If so how much shipped to 07456

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.