Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

2006 R6 running issue

946 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  darkstarVIII 
#1 ·
ok here is what is going on:

got an 06 r6. just put it together. i can start the bike by holding the start button in. bike runs. but as soon as i release it the bike dies.??? any ideas???

i have changed the Brain, starter relay, kill switch, un plugged the PCIII, etc. i am going crazy and cant figure it out.:comp

#2 ·
A few of us have had this as an issue. Mine was doing the same and I have an 07. My valves needed to be adjusted rather early I think I had like 7k or 8k when the issue really started introducing itself. I replaced batteries , TPS sensors etc. Same sh!t! Then took it to the dealer had them look at it and they took forever finally the Factory Techline narrowed down that it was the valves.

#3 ·
mine just started doing that at 30,000km. I'm hoping that its just because of the cold weather up here in BC. What i have to do is crack the throttle open and let it warm up revving at 2000 rpm. once the bike is warm, this issue goes away. maybe i should look into getting my valves adjusted too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.