Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Woodcraft rearsets

873 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  XRayHound 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I bought a set of used woodcraft rearsets Nad I was wondering if the shift rod still goes through the frame? It came with the GP rod (has a bend in it) is it all right to not use it for a gp shift pattern?

#2 ·
You have to use the Woodcraft rod with the Woodcraft sets regardless of shift pattern. If you run a GP shift, the rod goes outside of the frame, if you run standard pattern (like Mat Mladin and myself ;) ) then you run it through the stock frame hole. It looks like a pain in the ass... and indeed it is... but it works fine once you get it adjusted. Here's a hint: don't bolt the shifter to the rearset bracket until after you've got the threads on both end of the rod started. You can turn it to adjust the pedal height easily enough afterward, but trying to get both ends started at once with the kinked Woodcraft shifter rod is nigh impossible with the pedal already bolted down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.