Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1999 R6 OR 2002 F4I

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  r6dirtydave 
#1 ·
I have a chance to buy one of these bike's they both have the same miles 16,000 both $3,500 but i dont no which one to get . Wanted to see if any one could tell me which bike is better? which has the most power and handles better i like the way both look.

#2 ·
F4i is a tank, Save a little more money and get the 03 R6!!! Do it right the first time is what I say. :cheers

#6 ·
I am an r6 fan for life dont get me wrong but if I had the choice I would take the f4i. My best friend has a 02 f4i and I have a 99 r6, and to be honest the 02 f4i is the choice hands down. Its FI and def faster than my bike. Honda makes a sick bike, and the f4i is known as one of the best 600s ever made. His f4i has much more mid power than my r6, and I ride his all the time. His f4i also only have 4,000 miles and is practically brand new. The riding position on the F4i is more user friendly also I noticed, the clip ons are higher up and not has bent over as my R6. Its def a tough call, but i would take the f4i, sorry fellow R6 lovers. This is a tough one....

#8 ·
Hey man, at least you're open and honest... that is cool, so no one should bash you for that.

I have a buddy who just recently picked up a 99 R6, and its very clean. I haven't rode it , but when comparing an 01 to my 04 R6, it was similar, yet subtle differences... For one, my 04 was brand new, so I had the new brakes, crisper throttle/clutch cables, etc... Overall, I felt the older generation R6 is a very agile bike... felt less stable and wanted to flick to the left or right much easier... it felt more agile than my bike , but that could have been down to suspension alone. Both bikes were on relatively new tires too.. so that can be eliminated from the question. In terms of throttle response, the non FuelInjected R6 was less jerky at lower speeds in the city than my bike is... another thing you may want to take into consideration.

#15 ·
MadChild said:
I would go with the F4i, just because i don't like carb, and i would take a EFI anyday over a carb bike.
Agreed..., I love the R6, but I loved my 01 F4i as well. Not as "flickable" as my 04 R6, but would you expect it to? F4i is a solid bike, I'd like to get another one.

Plus.., it's newer, and should be a lil more user friendly, especially if you're new to bikes. Get the Honda IMHO....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.