Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Help, bike won't start

921 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  xracer 
#1 ·
Hey guys, here's a new-to-the R6 world folk from Mexico City, having issues with his 2004 R6.

I purchased this bike used a couple of months ago and it was a real mess, especially when talking about electric/electronics, I managed ti do some minor things to it, and finally got a wire harness, left & right handlebar controls, turn signal flasher and starter relay, however once I installed all of this it just won't start. It did start and run for a few minutes on idle, then a few seconds on WOT, then several other times on idle for a few seconds.

Then after replacing all the plastics and stuff (no fairing or instruments cluster came with this poor bike) i tried doing WOT again and it just died, I tried starting it several times with no luck. I'm thinking it's a fuel injection related problem, but to be honest I don't know how to test that one. I do have the service manual and quite a bit of experience with older carburated bikes (FZR, and a Honda CMX) but I'm a complete ignorant on EFI.

I was wondering if any one could give me a clue as to what could be wrong or what to look for.

Thanks!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.