Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

New Komodo Custom FX Race Suit-review!!

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  gawarrior 
#1 ·
My new McCoy Motosports sponsored custom Komodo FX race suit came in this week just in time for the WERA Grand National Final races!!:rock Big thanks to Komodo for overnighting it to me so I could race in it this weekend.:thumbup

I got the suit on Thurday in time for my first race. First off the suit was packaged top notch! Had its own suit bag and nicely folded in the box. I got it right out and tried it on. Obviously it being brand new I was a little aprehensive about how it may fit...it fit awesome! Being new leather it will still need a little breaking in but I was able to actually go out and race in it that day, and the rest of the weekend! Each time I put it on it got better and better too. All the measurements we took seemed to be exact with no mistakes. Everything fit just as it should.

The quality of this suit is absolutly second to none.:fact It is very comfortable, top quality armor, top quality zippers, double stitching everywhere, and the custom grafics are the best I have seen on any suit. The liners inside the suit are very comfortable too, much much better than any suit I have had in the past. This suit also has stretch points in all the key areas that you need for flexibility. I really like that about it.

This exact suit is worn by top level AMA riders and is a favorite suit of many novice and expert WERA and other clublevel motorcycle racers as well. We are lucky to have McCoy motorsports, www.tobefast.com as a distributor for Komodo now. If you are in need of a new suit, custom or not, I would say hands down this is the best one you can get! Not only do you get a professional level suit but you will get excellent customer service as well so you can buy with confidence that you will be taken care of.

Here are a few pictures of the suit.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Like I said, the fit is unbelievable! The is nothing like having a custom suit for racing.

And look at the quality of the custom logos on the back!!!

Zippers to super strong and durable. You won't have ever worry about these busting loose.

Attachments

#4 ·
As I mentioned, key stretch points in the elbows, lower legs, lower back, and under arm area that make it ready to use out of the box!!

Attachments

#5 ·
Last pic for now. I am going to try and get some from the trackside photographer as soon as they become available with some action shots on the track.

Komodo put a nice touch on the speed hump. As well as making it ventilated also....very nice!!! And notice the nice soft collar around the neck. Very comfy!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.