Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Mirrors with integrated signals.

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  HIrideR6 
#1 ·
OK, so I have flush mounts on my bike, and they look great. BUT I'm not comfortable with sacrificing safety just for looks. From the front, the signals are barely noticeable even at night. Though I don't exactly want to put the stock, hideous units back on!

I'm trying to find some decent integrated mirrors as an alternative. Though the only ones I can find are from Jag Motorcycle on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...ryZ35587QQihZ011QQitemZ320257817799QQtcZphoto), ones that are selling for about $300-400, and the pigspotters.

I can't exactly spend 3-400 on mirrors, the pig spotters don't seem very practical (as far as being able to see out of the tiny mirrors with only 4 LEDS on each side as well) and the ebay ones seem very cheap (money wise) to be of much quality.

Has anyone had any experience with the ebay ones? Or have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Sup dude. I got the pig spotters on mine and you see just as much as you did w/ the stock mirrors. They are convex so you get a widened view of what's in your blind spots and kinda diagonally behind you. I couldn't see behind me w/ stock ones and i can't w/ these either. THE LEDs ARE BRIGHTER THAN MY FLUSH MOUNT SIGNALS!!! and mounted higher, i feel safer w/ those than the flush mounts. I'm tellin ya, you wont be disappointed w/ some pig spotters man, i promise!:YEA

#3 ·
Do you have any decent pictures of them mounted on your bike? What's the quality of them like? Do they fit well into the stock location?

#4 · (Edited)
I have the cheap 50 dollar ones off ebay. Yes they are cheap but they do the job. I custom mounted them with the stock yami mirror brackets because the ones they came with were not real good. I also epoxied the pivit point at the base of the mirror because at high speed the mirror would move out of place. The wires are real small as well.

Attachments

#6 ·
I did the mod in my first pic. The led in the head light is on. When i hit the turn signal they turn off and the mirrors turn on and the flush mounts I put on after. The kit is over priced you can do it for under 25 bucks.

SPDT relay 2 bucks each from ebay you need 2
Leds are 194 A hyper bright from auto zone and the holders are from PEP Boys help section.
Black RTV high temp silicone.
Here is how I wired my relay SPDT.
#86 to ground on bike and all blinkers.
#85 to green or brown (Left or Right flasher 12V)
#30 to blue ( 12v for running lights)
#87a to Leds In the head lights 12v+ (Euro light blinkers OR side flush mounts to use as running and flashers) YELLOW
#87 to side blinkers and top blinkers by rear view mirrors (12v on when you hit turn signal) PURPLE
No blinkers the Euro lights are on in the head lights.
When I hit the right blikers to turn on, The headlight blinker turns off and the top and the side factory blinker turns on.

Attachments

#7 ·
Sorry to kind of threadjack but anyone know if there are mirrors with intergrated signals out there for an 06-07 R6?

I just had a scenario come up this past weekend where I was turning left at an intersection, had my turn signal on and a guy in a pick up truck was also making a left going the opposite direction. He kept rolling forward thinking that I was going straight and I had to quickly go in front of him in order to turn and he was obviously like WTF, stupid street bike.
After thinking about it, I'm assuming that he didn't see my intergrated flush mounts on. If he would have looked harder and paid more attention then I wouldn't have had to cut him off to turn.
Anyways, if someone knows who is selling some, help a brotha out. :D

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.