Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Shermoto Racing LF7 shorty folding R6 levers review

7K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  babymilo36 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm really glad that I finally got caught up on a bunch of stuff and have had the time to write up a lengthy and in-depth review on the levers one of our forum vendors are selling. I'm a little late to the party, but that's all good. I really hope you guys get a chance to try these levers out. The folding action on them really offers a uniquely positive feeling when braking. It's like a self aligning lever in a way. I've already seen em crash tested too (not by me), and they are STRONg :flex

The fit 05+ R6's or any R6 with the radial master cylinder setup. The clutch lever is the same for all R6's. So if you have an 03, 04, and an 06-09 R6 S model, you need to find an OEM style 05+ radial master cylinder for your bike so you can run these. It's a sweet, cheap brake upgrade too. The stock brembo radial MC that comes on the R6's is a really respectable brake setup!

Anyway, on with the even longer review. LOL

Shermoto LF7 Folding Lever Review

· Fitment
The fitment on these levers is EXCELLENT. I couldn’t ask for a tighter fit. The precision displayed in the machining of these levers became obvious during installation. I reused my stock bushing for the clutch lever and had to push it all the way into the lever with significant force. This was nice considering the bushing fell out of my pazzo's as soon as I removed it. I was glad to see the tolerances are that much tighter on these levers (LF7's).

Sliding the clutch lever into it’s perch revealed the same snug fit I saw with the bushing! I over-torqued the self locking nut, and had to back it off a quarter turn to allow for nice free movement. Again, the pazzo didn’t have this snug of a fit, which resulted in a bit more play than I get with the Shermoto.

The brake lever fitment was 100% on point too. Where the lever engages the master cylinder is flawlessly machined. This didn’t even come as a surprise at this point to me, but it should be noted. The feeling of the brake lever is VERY positive from this tight fitment.

I am thoroughly impressed with the fitment. I give it a 9 out of 10. To earn a 10, they would have had to install themselves! LOL

· Fit and Finish
The fit and finish of these levers is top notch. The enamel used feels great, and the depth of color is there. It’s a nice black finish, and looks very shiny. The silver adjusters are super shiny and catch the light making photographing them with a flash on a challenge! The Shermoto branding on the inside of the lever gives a proud and classy look to the lever. I love the way they look all around. I don’t miss my Pazzo’s one bit!

· Feel and function
Because these levers fold up, there is a little movement in the folding portion of the lever. At first I was unsure if I would be alright with that, or if it was going to bother me when riding. I definitely noticed it, but it didn’t hinder my controls. I ran a full track day with the levers, and they immediately felt normal for me after a couple laps. During my second session I was confident to get back into my trail braking exercising and 1 on 1 coaching I was participating in for the day. I found myself embracing the folding lever and loving the feeling. I realized that the very slight amount of movement the lever had was allowing it to align perfectly in my hand as I was pulling it in!

I never missed or botched a single shift for the entire day. I double downshifted into 1st like an ass, and had no problems feathering the clutch all the way into the grass. :lmao In general, the feeling and function of the levers works great for me. I set the brake at the 4th adjustment, which was PERFECT. I think that 4 on the Shermoto’s is in between 4 and 5 on the Pazzo’s and was exactly what I needed. :fact

· Price
At $100 shipped, it’s a no-brainer! Sell your more expensive shorty’s, break even and love life rockin out your new Shermoto’s. If you’re looking for a lever that has a great function to it, and is a short lever, there’s no other lever in the US that you will find for this price and this quality. :fact The pricing puts these levers significantly lower than any of the other popular shorty levers, nevermind a folding shorty. The only cheaper levers are gonna be on Ebay, take weeks to get, and come with a fraction of the support, customer service, and availability of the Shermoto levers.

In short, the pricing is awesome. I wanna thank Sherman of Shermoto Racing for offering a short lever at a crashable price!

· Availability
Right now, these levers are only available in black short folding adjustable style with a silver adjustor. They will look great on any color bike. They fit any R6 with the 06+ radial brake master cylinder. They also fit 2004-2008 R1s!

The levers are in the US, and available immediately. Handling times have been as short as 24 hours in most cases I’ve seen so far. Shipping after that is quick too, and included in the $100 price tag if you are in the lower 48 states!

· Warranty
These levers come with an amazing warranty (limited lifetime) and even better customer service.

· Summary/Cliff notes
I love these levers. They fit excellent. The machining tolerances are tight and precise. I quickly grew to appreciate the lever’s folding capabilities on the track. I’m 100% confident in giving these levers a positive review.

Decals too! WEWT! :cheers

:pimp

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice review man! Still saving up to get me a pair :toocool:

#11 ·
:werd They will be well worth the wait and worth saving for. :fact

Damn Anthony... Now Im gonna have to grab me a set!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Motorcycle App
:toocool: Nice!! I couldn't be happier with mine dude.

+1 :fact
I can't wait to throw mine on bro! These levers are so sick, I wonder why people buy anything else! :secret

Solid review on an awesome product! We should be getting mine on today so more pics and reviews of the levers and the Radial Master Cylinder mod. (I have an 03) to come shortly!:pimp

Awesome Review by ant, and a super kick ass product and company!:bow
:cheers

Damn, I didn't know they wouldn't fit 05's : (

Ill wait to Milo makes 05's...
They do fit the 05. The 05 has the same radial master cylinder setup as the 06+, so these should work just fine for your 05!

Sweet review, spot on.
:cheers

all you have to do is swap out master cylinders. It's cheap (got mine for $35), you'll have a better braking system, it's easy, and the lever will fit. It's a solid win all around!:toocool:
WEWT! The 05 comes with the radial MC and USD forks. It's like, the model in between your 03 and the 06 3rd gen R6!

#6 ·
Damn Anthony... Now Im gonna have to grab me a set!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Motorcycle App

#7 ·
+1 :fact
I can't wait to throw mine on bro! These levers are so sick, I wonder why people buy anything else! :secret

Solid review on an awesome product! We should be getting mine on today so more pics and reviews of the levers and the Radial Master Cylinder mod. (I have an 03) to come shortly!:pimp

Awesome Review by ant, and a super kick ass product and company!:bow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.