Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

shaving seat foam

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  RELAX-IMA-DOCTOR 
#1 ·
so ive been reading up on how to do it and was wondering peoples opinions

i dont trust my self getting the shape back shaving from on top so im going to shave the bottom but do i have to make the whole bottom even to get it back on the plastic part or can i have it uneven and still get it back on and still feel like its original (i actually heard its more comfortable after doing but u know what i mean)

#3 ·
the plastic that the foam is on and the fabric is stapled to.. the bottom of that foam when you take it off does the surface have to be even throughout the WHOLE seat or can just a portion be shaved down and still be put back on fine

#4 ·
It depends on how you want your seat. Yes it has to be even>.< Unless your into lumpy ass cushions, Just get some Piano wire wrap it around two {wooden} dowel rod's 1' .5 then cover it in electrical tape. Leave two stands of wire on each side, Connect that b*tch to a Battery 12v is cool IIRC. Now you have a decent stro-foam and Foam cutter...

Also why are you shaving the bottom in only a portion? Just shave (even) like 1/2 a inch off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.