Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Yamaha Back-pack

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Igot1-2 
#1 ·
The small one in the catalog. Had it for awhile wanted to wait to write the review until after it had some use.

Material seems sturdy and the straps have a good amount of padding. I rode about 80 miles with a 4L bottle of Motul and some tools and it wasn't uncomfortable.

The zipper feels sturdy and cheap. It constantly hangs up and needs lots of screwing with to get it to open and close. And after like 4 months, one of the straps is unraveling from where it connects to the bag. I call my dealer and he says they have a 30 day warranty.

WTF the thing cost $50. I told him, "You can buy a $30 Jansport that has a lifetime warranty. What's up with that?"

SO because I have purchased so much stuff from them, he gave me one for free.

So I WOULD NOT recommend this one for purchase. It looks nice and has a good amount of storage but quality means something to me and this seems lacking.

#4 ·
I used to have a eastpak, I lost it now I have a Jansport I got it on sale for $20 (marked down from $60). I also have a Timberland bag. It is real sturdy and it has a lot of storage space, it actually was intended for camping it seems. The Timberland bag has reflective material on it too, always a plus for gear being put to use while motorcycling.

#5 ·
I use a "Iron Man" backpack I got at Wal-Mart for $19.99.

It has the shoulder harness like all backpacks, plus a waist strap that is like 2" wide, and another strap that goes across the chest to keep the shoulder straps secure. I call it my "100mph backpack"

It also has a pouch in it for your laptop...which I carry to and from work everyday. It has the bungee cord zig-zag pouch for a camel-back.

**** paying all that when Wally-World has them :)

#6 ·
yoda said:
I use a "Iron Man" backpack I got at Wal-Mart for $19.99.

It has the shoulder harness like all backpacks, plus a waist strap that is like 2" wide, and another strap that goes across the chest to keep the shoulder straps secure. I call it my "100mph backpack"

It also has a pouch in it for your laptop...which I carry to and from work everyday. It has the bungee cord zig-zag pouch for a camel-back.

**** paying all that when Wally-World has them :)

I'd have to go with Choda on this one.....while it's "COOL" and it "LOOKS NEAT" to have a matching bag made by A-Stars, Yamaha & Shitzuki all they're all still made like shit in my opinion and you could be a Blue-Light Special at Wal-Mart and gget the same amount of performance for a 1/4 of the price....

#8 ·
Yup, I use my old Jansport backpack that I used when I was in high school. Lifetime warranty is cool, but hell you'll probably never need it with these packs...Great quality. I might upgrade soon though to something alittle bigger with more pouches. Def. sticking with jansport though.

#9 ·
I got the new alpinestars bag a few weeks ago. It shows that someone who rides took part in making it. The zippers are big enough to grip with gloves on. zipper teeth are strait out of a jaws movie and very secure. The compartments (only two and a half and one external) are easy to access but lack organizational capabilities. There is a few small decals using 3M illumilite for night time. camel pack capable, mp3/ cd player/ cell phone slot with weather tight opening for earphones. The straps are more comfortable than my burton & da kine backcountry/ hiking bags. there is a chest strap that works wonderfully with the shoulders. I usually take it everywhere I go just cuz I barely notice it when i ride. bag's clearly made to withstand a lot of abuse. $70-85 not for everyone i guess. I use it as an everything bag though so I feel it was more than worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.