Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

re-installing the stock exhaust on an '07 R6

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  kaoss_11 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

I recently bought my '07 R6, including a (too loud for the street) racefit growler, and a box with the stock exhaust (and fender, etc... but that'll be another post).

After my first track day this weekend, I will lie down next to my bike and try to reinstall the stock exhaust before putting the OEM fairings back on.

I found this how-to fortaking the stock off, so I'll try to reverse-engineer that.

Any help is appreciated (links, suggestions, pics), since
<-- my R6 bites me (in a nice way :love )

#9 ·
yeah buy a service manual! jk start from the front back and take it slow you might wanna do it before you get to the track and I would get everything kinda fit into place before you go tightening anything down since something might not match up right then you have to go and lossen it and re fit it

#11 ·
yeah it shouldn't be bad but long process, when I did it I just kinda got the header in place with the gaskets and everything snugged it with my fingers so I still had a little play to mount everything else in the right location then go back and make sure everything is still in line and the header is still in good spot and torque to oem spec

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.