Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Shorty Scorpion Exhaust Slip On for 03-05 R6 and 06+ R6s $225

6K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  InfernoPhil 
#1 · (Edited)
Shorty Scorpion Exhaust Slip On for 03-05 R6 and 06+ R6s $200

Yamaha R6 exhaust that will fit 03, 04, 05 R6 and 06+ R6s. This Scorpion exhaust started its life as a standard length exhaust. However, my bike was rear ended while parked and it broke the exhaust in half. So I cut it down to a shorty and got a new endcap (which isn’t the typically droopy scorpion tip). I stuffed it full of new fiberglass when I put it back together.
Exhaust is an 8/10. You can see in the pictures a small poke where I started to drill in the wrong spot (above the front rivet on the midpipe side). The strap isn’t completely tight in some spots. It looks great from 5 feet.

It's too loud for me, but I know some people prefer the loud stuff. I have attached a link to a video with a sound clip so you can get a feel of whether this is what you're looking for. It sounds freaking mean.

Sound clip link: http://vimeo.com/9678945

Just to repeat: It is very loud. You’ll probably want to wear earplugs with this one. Passengers will definitely want some protection.

Feel free to ask any questions! Email me to claim it: psm8r8@mst.edu before doing the paypal thing

Paypal accepted $225 shipped within 12 hours.

More pics (click to enlarge):

Wide angle for kicks:

Imperfections include strap not fitting quite perfect (the tip looks good though, don’t it?):

Ready for the box:

Ready for its new home:

See less See more
#3 ·
This one is pretty short. The can itself is 8-3/4".

Also, my camera is decent so the noise didn't blow the microphone out of whack like it did when I tried my GoPro and regular digital camera in video mode. It is pretty darn loud. Although, maybe I'm just comparing it to stock so my perception is distorted.

#12 ·
:popcorn: I think InfernoPhil won that one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.