Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

I need help asap please

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ChiefSmokeDawg 
#1 ·
Okay to give you the run down i have taken off the carbs cleaned them changed the oil changed the spark plugs. now the reason for all of this i am having a problem with my 2001 R6 when it gets to like 170 degrees and i start to release the clutch it will die/lose power and like try to cut off. I need help this is my only ride I just got it and im also very young I need help please and thank you

#2 ·
Clogged air filter element
Clogged fuel filter
Clogged fuel tank breather hose
Deteriorated or contaminated fuel
Fuel pump
Faulty fuel pump
Faulty fuel pump relay
Fuel cock
Clogged or damaged fuel hose
Carburetors
Deteriorated or contaminated fuel
Clogged pilot jet
Clogged pilot air passage
Sucked-in air
Damaged float
Worn needle valve
 Incorrectly installed needle valve seat
 Incorrect fuel level
 Incorrectly installed pilot jet
Clogged starter jet
Faulty starter plunger
 Incorrectly adjusted starter cable

#6 ·
So let me get this straight.. you did the maintenance work BECAUSE the bike is dying after it warms up?

If that's the case:

Did you completely disassemble the carbs and clean them? That would rule out a lot of things that could be wrong.

Also, are you shutting off the choke after the bike warms up? I know this seems obvious but I just wanna rule it out! :D

#7 ·
Okay i understand and yes i take the choke off. but what happens when it gets to like 180 and you come to a complet stop and pull in the clutch it revs fine but when you go to take off it bogs/wants to die cause if you let the throttle go it will die. ima take it to the shop cause i have cleaned the carbs and they were all good i just cant seem to find whats wrong. ill let you know what the problem is but do let me know if you have any ideas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.