Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

01 R6 Carb question. (lol)

981 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  R6 Noob 
#1 ·
My 01 is still messing with me lmao. I did a bunch of maintenance on it and the carbs. The only thing i havent messed with yet is the caps that cover the screw that adjusts the mixture.

I have a yoshi exhaust and a k&n air filter. I know i need to revert back to the OEM filter, but i was wondering if i need to drill out these caps and adjust the mixture of the carbs. It's running really rough in the low rpm range then it clears up in the mid-high. I've synched the carbs,cleaned all the jets and recently cleaned my air filter. I'm wondering if i should drill the caps out of the carbs and adjust the mixture screws...what do you guys think???

Thanks.

#3 ·
Cool. Okay so I don't have a jet kit. What should i set the screws too?

Thanks!:toocool:

#4 ·
tough to say. from the factory i think theyre 2 turns out but screw one in all the way and count how many turns it is then jot the number down. turning in runs the carbs leaner and turning out runs the carbs richer. each bike is different so expect to take the carbs off several times to find the perfect setting... you may never find it.

#5 ·
everything i've heard and read about the 1st Gen is it Hates K&N. everyone says to stay with the stock filter. they really are a very high flow. I use a pipercross in mine it's similer to the stock but is reuseable. I only switched cause I change my filter each time i do my oil, which is pretty often and they cost too much. I hear good stuff bout BMC also for our model. good luck with it

#6 ·
Hey thanks for a better explanation on this situation. :D

:cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.