Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

subdivision with it's own race track who's in yamahas only

2K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  Gumbydood 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Wow, that's freakin' incredible. I wish I had money pouring out of my ying yang to be able to live in a place like that. :nocontrol

#7 ·
PinstripeMonkey said:
Motorsports Park Hastings is doing something similar. I talked to the manager/part owner and he showed me one of the units for sale. Very nice guy. He works on Shelby Cobras and Ford GTs (and other cars)--and actually owns some!

George>>? He is one of the nicest fells in racing.. He really loves racing and does anything he can to make sure people have a good time there..... Bon fires, fireworks, B Bus rides, cook outs ...... Not only is that track really fun to ride, but I cant say a bad thing about it.... other than I have to drive 7 hours to get there..... worth every hour...

#9 ·
There are a ton of these places springing up all over the place... there is a big one in PA called autobahn countryclub

www.autobahncountryclub.net

I know a couple of guys here in GA that are trying to open one off of I85 north of Atlanta... Seems to be the big trend now-a-days.... I bet we are going to see a sh*t load of these places in a few years.

#10 ·
the price of the home is very reasonable I could afford the lot. But I couldn't hang with both the house payment and the HOA fee. The HOA fee would be about as much as the house payment itself. I honestly don't belive that it would cost $305,000 a month to keep the facilities up and maintained. This is assuming all 122 lots are paying the HOA fee. This is a classic example of of the rich get everything. For 305 thousand I could buy a 3 acre lot and for another 600 thousand I could build a house and a track on the land and still end up paying less than if I lived at that place.

#12 · (Edited)
luke geis said:
This is a classic example of of the rich get everything. For 305 thousand I could buy a 3 acre lot and for another 600 thousand I could build a house and a track on the land and still end up paying less than if I lived at that place.
I suspect much of the cost goes toward landscaping for the neighborhood and insurance for the track. Can you imagine the lawsuit for a wadded up antique Ferarri, much less the wrongful death suit for someone making 10 Mil a year? If the track can be blamed even in the slightest it would be extremely expensive.

Edited to add: I would guess you aren't building a track like what they are building for less than $10 million, not including the land. I read at least 15 years ago that it cost $1 million to build 1 mile of highway. Good luck paving a 4.5 mile driveway for $600k. Add in to that, a racetrack needs higher quality paving than your normal highway. That doesn't even factor in the cost of the runway, another large step up in quality requirements. They are also building storage suitable for seven figure cars, not your average warehouse.

#13 ·
There's a guy here in Missoula who owned a 20 acre parcel just west of town. He paved a 0.7 mile road course about 7 years ago, and lets anyone with a bike (and *some* gear) ride on it (after signing a waiver, of course) for free. Well, I did give him $10 ($5 for me, $5 for my wife) for the porta-potty.

I've never asked him what he paid to have the asphalt put down, but he mentioned something about getting a track or buying a porsche. I'm glad he chose the track, but I think he called in some favors from some of his consulting business clients (excavators, pavers, etc) to get it so "cheap".

G'dood

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.