Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

07-r6 exhaust recommendations

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  scargk 
#1 · (Edited)
So before people start flaming with the "invest in more track time" and "take a class" posts, a little bit of background...

I own a 07-R6. I go to the track regularly (have over 60+ days at the track)and have taken level 1 and level 2 classes at Keith Code.

I ride in the "fast group" on track days and have been frustrated lately getting on the throttle going down the straights. I routinely pass 1000's in the corners, and even drive past them on to the straights (good corner exit speed)...but I feel like I need more "oomph" to improve my times...very frustrated passing the same guys over and over again only be over taken on the straights.

I've made investments in the areas that I believe make the most difference at the track: 520 (-1,+2) brakes (master cylinder and lines) and suspension (front and rear).

so...based on everyone's experience, I am looking for recommendations on FULL race exhausts (my bike is track only) - I will be adding PC with it and doing custom map at my trusted shop. I'm looking for MAX horsepower gains.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

...also, before people start suggesting other mods, here is a list of how my bike is eqiupped:

Brembo Master
SS Superbike lines
520 (-1,+2)
CRG clutch lever
Scotts Steering damper
Ohlins front 25mm
Ohlins rear
translogic quickshift
GP shift/Sato rearsets
BMC Airfilter
woodcraft clip ons
Woodcraft covers
1/5 turn throttle tube
I run DOT Race tires (Diablosupercorsas or BT-003's)

Thanks in advance

See less See more
#4 ·
As far as exhaust recommendations go, Id say Graves...they have the highest HP gains for the R6. But like the other 2 posters said, youll need more than just exhaust to get some real gains. I have some graves cams and adjustable cam sprockets with some porting work done and a full exhaust with the bazzaz and all I can say is HOLY SIHT...Ive been riding this config for about 1.5 months now and my heart still gets pumping when the tach needle goes past 12k...I get front end lift in 3rd gear from 14k to 17k...

If you decide to get those additional mods done be prepared to spend some cash though...the cams and cam sprockets wernt so bad price wise...but the installation is where itll add up (unless you do it yourself). But the real wallet drainer will be the porting...my good friend of 30 years (been doing motor mods for 15 years) did my porting and cams install and didnt charge me, but he said if he did charge me everything all said and done with the cam and sprocket and porting work woulda been ~2k...the porting was 4 days worth of 8 hours per combustion chamber (intake/exhaust) per day...but was definitely worth it...DEFINITLY

#5 ·
I had an 03 Ninja 636 I did some engine work to at Attack Kawi...Cams, Porting, Kit ECU...spent ALOT of $$$$ - i'm not a racer so I am ruling out serious engine work.

thanks for the advice - I'll either stick with what I got, add some HP with a full exhaust and PCIII for some minor gains, or go 1000 on the new BMW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.