Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Exhaust recommendations?

3K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  MikeN02 
#1 ·
Looking to go a slip on for know, but in the end i would like to have a full. Don't have the money to do a full now or in the near future, would like to work on making it a over the course of the year. Any thought on what people recommend for slipon's that would end up working out good in the end?

#2 ·
What bike do you have would be a good start. If you have the 03 - 05 or the R6s model then the slip-on would do you wonders.

If you have the R6R model (06+) then a slip-on will only be for appearance mods mostly until you get rid of the catalytic converter.

#4 ·
Yep, so... a slip-on would only be good for appearance.

Need to get rid of that box underneath your bike.

Options?

Full System.
MJS Headers
Y Pipe Weld
05 Headers

Since you're basically running a full system you'd need a fuel management device such as a power commander or bazzaz

#6 ·
Since you're basically running a full system you'd need a fuel management device such as a power commander or bazzaz
Yes. There's nothing to restrict the air flow since you got rid of the catalytic converter. Too much air and not enough fuel. With power commander or bazzaz you're equalizing it by putting more fuel out to match the Air to Fuel Ratio A/F R.

If you don't, you're slowly destroying your engine in the long end and burning up your valves.

#23 ·
alright cool...i love the termi my buddy just got one on his bike and i love that gp look but if the arrows quality and sound is equal or better to the termi i might have to pick one up in the next couple weeks :YEA

#25 ·
if you want to drop the cash for a full system id say akra or graves...or you could save some money and get a cat eliminator and knock out the baffles in the header and a nice slip on..or you can get MJS headers and a slip on but no matter what youll need to get either a PC or Bazzaz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.