Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

should be riding her home tomorrow!

3K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  Whitling 
#1 ·
so i work at a dealership and i had the chance to hop on a 2011 maroon/black raven for a helluva good deal.

rode the bike around last week and fell in love with it. i thought i liked the gsxr6 but i LOVE this bike. so anyways i'm new to the r6 game and would like some input on parts/mods that are worth the time and $$$. was thinking: stomp grips, flush mount signals, integrated tail, double bubble screen, and some type of slip on. later down the road i'd like to do the MJS header and PCV. sound about right? any other mods worth doing?

See less See more
#7 ·
oh yeah that goes with out saying my friend :drink

Those are the good starter mods I'd go with, later down the road you can do little improvements here and there like halos and HID's.

Also, it's super easy to do the GP shift mod on these bikes.
not a fan of halos/HID's or GP shift unless i'm at the drah strip. call me crazy :dunce:

Welcome and Congrats on graduating to a real mature bike lol.
Your list sounds about right.
haha my last bike was a buell XB12s. get tired of my teeth rattling in my skull :jacked

Oh hey is that brand new 0 miles or used? I was looking for a new 2011 but everyone said theres none left and take the 2013 higher priced ones.
nah it's used, 6700 mi. never dropped but it's been ridden a little hard. but i mean who can blame them, it's an r6! :lmao

btw rec's for a good slip on? that's not too pricey that is. i already know to stay away from jardine.

#6 ·
:wave

Welcome to the fam!

:cheers

#15 ·
:cheers

#16 ·
Bike looks really good! Congrats!

#18 ·
:fact

And I've got a set of clear stomp grip in stock OP, as well as a pair of DB windscreens that are cheap and supposed to be really shatterproof (Polycarbonate), etc. I'm gonna evaluate em against the puig and ZG ones I already have and will post soon the results. I'm really hoping to be able to offer em as an affordable alternative to the expensive ZG and Puig!

#20 ·
I suggest getting some Shermoto levers if you like shorties.. loved mine

Sent from my anus using Motorcycle.com Free App

#25 ·
Totally agree, one of the best initial mods I made to mine as well :werd

#21 ·
Ive got a Hotbodies Slash Cut slip on for sale $55 shipped, PM if you want.

#23 ·
I'd say go for a growler! Those things look SEEEEEESSSSIIII on our bikes.

To the person who said we Texans probably think 60's is cold...YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT IT'S COLD!!!

We actually LOVE being in our 90-100 degree weather so anytime it comes below 70 it's getting on the cold side!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.