Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Any ATL, GA peeps riding out tomorrow?

967 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  rUdEgIrL 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone, I'm new to the forums and to the state. Just wondering if there is anyone in Atl, GA riding out tommorw 7/16? PM me or just post if you don't mind me tagging along.

Thanks.

#8 ·
We usually just ride around up here, but when I'm taking classes during the school year I live down in Atlanta so I ride there. Where do you guys ride? The only people I know of who ride there are the biker gangs who hang out at the BP on North Ave by the Varsity and they don't look like the type who hit the twisties all the time.

#10 ·
I guess you guys did not hear about this.......I hope none of you got caught up

MEDIA ADVISORY

FOR PLANNING PURPOSES.. NOT FOR RELEASE

MULTI-AGENCY MOTORCYCLE CRACKDOWN

SET FOR SUNDAY JULY 16, 2006

The Georgia State Patrol along with traffic enforcement officers from Fulton, Dekalb County and the City of Atlanta, will conduct a multi-agency concentrated patrol targeting motorcycle violators starting this Sunday afternoon and running through the evening and night time hours. This concentrated law enforcement effort is in response to complaints of motorcycles traveling at excessive speeds and operating in a dangerous manner on the roads, streets and interstates around the Atlanta Metro area.

The operation will begin at 3PM Sunday, July 16, 2006 and run until 11PM Sunday night.

This information is provided for your planning purposes. We ask that the location and time not be released until the operation is underway Sunday.

The staging area and command post will be set up downtown at the Turner Field Blue Lot. On-camera interviews and media ride-alongs available at the enforcement briefing.

WHAT: Multi-Agency Motorcycle DUI & Speed Enforcement Patrols

WHEN: Sunday, July 16, 2006 starting at 3PM

WHERE: Media & Enforcement Briefing at Turner Field Blue Lot

Enforcement I-75/17th Street to I-20 E to Rockdale County & back.

Participating agencies: Georgia State Patrol Night Hawks and GSP Aviation Unit, Atlanta Police Department DUI Task Force and APD Aviation Unit, Fulton County Sheriff’s Office, and Dekalb County Police Department HEAT Unit.

This enforcement effort is part of the statewide “100 Days of Summer H.E.A.T.” speed and aggressive driving enforcement campaign sponsored by the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety. Officers from participating Metro Atlanta jurisdictions will also be enforcing Georgia’s DUI and safety belt laws. H.E.A.T. means jail time for DUI and puts enforcement H.E.A.T. on traffic law violators. For law abiding motorists, the best protection against an encounter with a drunk driver is still a fastened safety belt. Remember, Friends Don’t Let Friends Drive Drunk. Because, You Drink, You Drive. You Lose!

For more information during the day of enforcement operations call GSP Lt. Soffie Thigpen (404-374-7698) or GSP S/Trp. Larry Schnall (404) 624-7882

Thank you for your continued coverage of these life saving highway safety operations. Please find a H.E.A.T. campaign News Release attached.

Governor's Office of Highway Safety
Office: 404-656-6996
FAX: 404-651-9107

Web: www.gahighwaysafety.org
34 Peachtree Street, Suite 800
Atlanta, GA 30303

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.