Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Track Bike Picture

80K views 260 replies 97 participants last post by  Shush319 
#1 ·
I would like to start a thread that is only track bike pictures, I know we have best track picture thread but can we start one with your best track bike pic.

Looking forward to seeing all the other track bikes.

Attachments

See less See more
#189 ·

#204 ·
Looks great...but keeping those white wheels clean is going to be a fugging nightmare!

What tracks you plan on racing this year? Your -1/+1 gearing setup is going to be extreme for the tracks you're close to.

#205 ·
I waxed the hell out of those wheels and everything wiped off pretty easily after a track day at Roebling on Monday.

I'm going to be at CMP on April 11-13 with CCS for my first race and the -1 / +1 will be fine there. I'm going to VIR for track days on March 29-30 for the north course so I will go back to the stock front sprocket for that. I will maybe be at the summer VIR race but definitely at VIR fall race and hope to make it to Daytona this year for ROC. Will we cross paths dude?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#211 ·

#221 ·
Shippy
Im just a track day punter no racer by any means, I am not out there again until SBK school in April, I get out there a couple of times a month by also doing flag and travel marshal for Bernie Hatton and his Top Rider set up days getting me free track time .

It is funny how you can recognise a track by a ripple strip in one corner ;)
Go the Aussies :toocool:

#225 · (Edited)

#228 ·
My 99 R6 with R1 front end that's raced with CCS. The bike is spray bombed and the fairs are street fairings converted to track fairings. Lack of funds drove me to do this. :p
Everything is painted with regular cheap white spray paint from Lowes. The voids in the street fairings were filled in with fiberglass. Seems to stick really good. Bike has been wrecked numerous times with no damage to the sections fiberglassed in.

Look at that tank shine! It takes countless hours to get spray paint to be actually smooth enough for a reflection....

#229 · (Edited)

our 4hr team came first in 600cc C/D grade.... average 1.08 per lap

Outright
Mstevo/ Greg Epis/ Mika Pitt team 1st Place (1000cc) 213 laps
Chicken16’s/ Mick Witchard/ Gary Mowle team 2nd Place (1000cc) 212 Laps
Mick James, Rhino and Albie 3rd place (600) 212 Laps

Classes
A&B 1000 (class 1)
Mstevo, Greg Epis, Mika Pitt team 1st Place (1000cc) 213 laps
Chicken16, Mick Witchard, Gary Mowle team 2nd Place (1000cc) 212 Laps
Simon Barbacetto, Roland Kruck, Alex Malyon 3rd Place (1000cc) 206 Laps

A&B 600 (class 2)
Mick James, Rhino and Albie Wheeler 1st Place (600cc) 212 Laps
Stu23, Rod Whitney Keith Wallington 2nd place (600cc) 207 Laps
John Manwarring, Simon Thomas, Tyan Thomas 3rd Place (600cc) 181 Laps

C&D Unlimited Bears (Class 4)
M.Woolford, P.Stamoulis and S.Roesner 1st Place (1000cc Bears) 203 Laps
A.Stevens, J.Madigan and D.Hart 2nd Place (1000cc Bears) 198 Laps
D.Birch and V.Maniscalco 3rd Place (1000cc Bears) 193 Laps

C&D 600 (Class 5)
Chubb, Metal Man, Shippy and M Abrahams 1st place (600cc) 204 Laps
Lee Talbot, Binksy and Joe Camilleri 2nd place (600cc) 202 Laps
Shane Ryan, Mark Labrooy and Spilly 3rd Place (600cc) 198 Laps

#231 · (Edited)
the upper and lower are from profibre....... Europe, easy to deal with and speak engrish well, lots of prep though for paint
http://www.pro-fiber.com/shop/category/yamaha-yzf-r6-2008-2013/

The tail is from attack performance.... USA, arms and legs in postage but good quality on par with racers edge little work involved for paint prep
http://shop.attackperformance.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=Yamaha:YZFR6+08-09:Race+Bodywork

I hate painting and will never do it again, made a mess cost me heaps and up close its shit anyways...... And toooooookkk weeeeeks

Give superbike source a go I looked at his bikes at the track the other day, you can get them painted and landed for under a $1000 au which good value
http://superbikesource.com.au/pages/Customer-Bikes-(gallery).html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.