Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Woodcraft Rearsets?

2K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  rchristian56 
#1 ·

How come the woodcraft rearsets only come with a heel guard on the shifter side? I would assume because that's where the chain is, but why wouldn't they have one on the brake side? The stockers have them on both sides.

See less See more
#21 ·
sato's are much harder to get replacement parts for then woodcraft. They are made in Japan where woodcraft is made in America.

Personally for rearsets I would take vortex over woodcraft due to the adjustability though and also they are damn easy to get parts for.

woodcraft and vortex are HANDS DOWN the easiest to get replacement parts for...by a long shot. They are not imported where others are. They are more common though so it's not as "unique" as the imported ones though. Tradeoffs with everything I guess...and it comes down to what you want.

#16 ·
I've got the woodcrafts on my 08 r6, they work fine. Cheaper but not as sexy as the satos or gilles. Mines a race bike so no matter to me.

#17 ·
I love my sato rear sets.

Very clean lines, look good and preform up to my standards!

Replacment parts are easy to get also just email over what parts you need and they send you an invioce.

Love them!

#18 ·
p.s. you have to be carefull what woodcrafts you get some of them do not come with the brake peddel and you have to use the factory one.

#23 ·
vortex are the best bang for the buck imo. In fact compared to sato's I don't know if they have a feature that vortex doesn't other then "imported/hard to get factor". They are both dual bearing, adjustable the same way, and even look somewhat the same. Main difference i that sato has shorter pegs and vortex pegs are VERY grippy. Those are the only differences I can think of off the top of my head.

#24 ·
I personally just don't like Vortex as a company. It's all just preference really and while I don't have anything against them, their products just don't have any appeal to me. Woodcraft, however, has a lot of parts that I like and would/will put on my bike.

I really like the Satos and would love to get them, but for the difference in price, I think I'll go with Woodcraft. I'd just like to have them so they don't look mixed and matched together with stock parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.