Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Need help, Front & Rear Stands 05 R6.

3K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  danrivito 
#1 ·
Well, I bought a set of front and rear stands off ebay the other day. ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4526698584 )

Today I got an email from the seller asking if my bike has even forks, or offset forks. Does anyone know? Also he is asking if it has a split knuckle on the right fork? I'm assuming all 05 R6's are the same.

Lastly, he wants to know if I prefer bobbin support or rubber pad support. What is the difference, and which one is better?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 ·
Those are the same stands I have, and they are great!

Just go out and measure the forks. Mine were even, but some models (not sure which) have the uneven fork distances (1/2 inch) If it is split, you will be able to see it.

As for the bobbin or pad...I would suggest getting the bobbin style. The pad just isn't as safe as I would want it to be. The pad style is just an "L" that sits under the swingarm, the "Bobbin" is kinda like a little spool that you screw into your swingarm. YOu have to buy a spool slider/bobbin for $20, but it is better in my opinion. Do a Google for "Swingarm Sliders" or "swingarm spools" and you will see the different ones.

This is a pic of a bobbin style:

These are the ones I have:
http://www.protekk.com/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=226

#4 ·
Yeah, stand the bike straight up, measure from ground to each fork. I bet they are the same. I think it was older models that had the difference, but measure to be safe.

Yes, the split knuckle will have a split, with allen bolts to make a "pressure" fitting. I am not sure if the 05 is different on that than the 04, since the forks are inverted...

#7 ·
Mine did have split knuckles, and the forks were even.

I just have no idea where the split was and what year/models that came from. Wish I knew so I could be sure...

I may shoot them an email and ask. It will give me something to do..haha

#8 ·
dangerousR6 said:
Damn Yoda, are my eyes playong tricks on me or do you have carpet in your garage? I see you also have some products from the company I work for......Nice stands too..... YEA!
Hell yes I have a carpeted garage!!! Nothing better for my baby!
Actually, that started with the Jeep. It was so much better laying on carpet to work thatn the floor, and it keeps it warmer in the winter...I have it heated too! :) Hell, I even have a "garage vacuum" just for suckin up the metal shavings and plastic and whatever other crap. Behind the bike, you can't see it in the pic, is ANOTHER roll of carpet for when this one gets too much shit in/on it! LOL I just raid the apartments when people move and they replace them. ;) ;)

What products are your Co's?

#10 ·
people make fun of me cuz you can walk in my garage and see "vaccuum lines" in the floor! haha

I keep meaning to get some chairs and shit in there, TV, make it a game room too. BUt I have a shop bench set up in there, so I can work on my guns, or build and tinker with stuff. Not too bad for an APARTMENT garage huh? LOL

This pic serves two purposes...you can see the split front forks, and that they are the same distance from the ground. Also, you can see carpet lines...LOL hahahahahahahaha

#13 ·
#15 ·
danrivito said:
So is this a split knuckle?? (right front fork)

I dunno...your pics aren't loading. :)

#19 ·
The 99-02 R6 have the forks that are uneven.... the right fork has 1 tension bolt and the left fork does not so it is shorter. The 03-05 have same length forks on them..... the split fork are the ones that have tension screws on them to hold them tight on the front axle. Again, the 99-02 have one slipt fork (right side looking as if you were sitting on the bike) and the 03-05 have 2 split forks. I believe he was asking you this because some front stands work by raising the bottom of the forks up using a bracket with 2 stems coming out of it which cradles the bottom of the fork. On the 99-02 bikes, these kind of stand have one side (left side) with an adjustable cradle which will have to be set up higher than the right side... here I will post a pic of my bike to show you what I am talking about...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.