Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Michelin street tires!!!!!

5K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  saleenbiker 
#1 ·
I've had a lot of people ask if Michelin is getting rid of the pure, they are not. They are however getting rid of the pilot power and the pilot power 2ct for a new power3. Don't expect to see this tire until after the first of the year. I'm waiting on all the info to hit myself but did have a chance to see the new stuff coming out for the next year. :D

Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#3 ·
Thanks for the heads up Tommy! :cheers

Keep me posted on em man. I would like to know if it will be a better intermediate/wet tire for me than the pure. I love the profile, but almost wish the sipes went a liiiitle closer to the edge. A little wiggle never hurt nobody tho! In the meantime, they are my goto for a partially wet track since nobody could get me pirelli wets this year. :(

#5 · (Edited)
Interesting, Id be willing to try new tries when the time comes, but I'm very pro Dunlop.

#12 ·
from what ive read so far but im sure tommy can confirm, the power 3 is more recommended for people that daily their bikes and need a harder middle compound but would still like a sporty type tire. the pure is still better for people looking to push harder on the street\intermed pace track riders. again im sure someone can correct me a bit more if im mistaken.

#13 ·
The Power 3 is kind of a jack of all trades tire, It is mainly going to replace the pilot power and will kill the Pures off for street tires, I have more Info coming out in the coming weeks on all the new tires and the new "track day tire" is a crossbread of the pure and power cup. I have a few sets coming my way which I plan on running along side the Pirelli Superbike Pros :fact

BIG CHANGES in ALL tire brands are coming, NOT all the info is out there right now since 90% of the new rubber is still on a ship coming over here. I just got info on all the NEW pirelli Race tires :fact WORLD (superbike) of difference in the new rubber ;)

#22 ·
And yes, sport rider says the pure is sticking around, as a distirbutor for Michelin, I can say that both are going and changing in ways.....Michelin is hard to get info from some times but I can say what I have seen so far the new line up for all the brands will make this the best year for tire and tire technology!

#23 ·
And yes, sport rider says the pure is sticking around, as a distirbutor for Michelin, I can say that both are going and changing in ways.....Michelin is hard to get info from some times but I can say what I have seen so far the new line up for all the brands will make this the best year for tire and tire technology!

Spoken like a true politician :laugh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.