Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Phoenix, AZ Riders?

18K views 280 replies 21 participants last post by  QR6 
#1 ·
Anyone in Arizona want to get a group ride together?

#74 ·
Also aunt chiladas is a great Mexican food place that accommodates larger groups well. Outside seating is available if the weather is nice too.

I like the idea of meeting, riding and then eating personally.. gives people the chance to not eat with us if they wanted.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Motorcycle.com App

#94 · (Edited)
Whats up guys... I wanted to chime in here being a fellow rider from Phoenix.. (91st & McDowell area)

Just got my R6 this past weekend, so excited my lunch breaks at work are spent riding around downtown instead of eating haha..

I'm new to being a daily rider, and being my first bike I'm taking it easy and staying off the highway for now. I look forward to maybe meeting up for a ride at some point once I get really comfortable...

Mike

PS - You'll notice my join date is Jul 2006 and I have 2 posts. My only post before this was in reply to a bike for sale, yup the same 03 LE i just got my hands on. I'm so excited to finally have the exact bike I've been wanting for literally like 10 years haha...

Attachments

#101 ·
Even though it's gettin a tad cold I'm down to meet up. I ride (commute) daily so I'm all over the place. Live in PV. Let me know what's up :flex:

#105 ·
I'm down to ride as long as I have enough notice.

Looks like you guys got a great group to bring out to the track and do some REAL riding of those machine's... It's getting quite cold... Pack those things away, and start planning for the track next year! Hit some trackdays, or even race weekends!

:cheers
I'm not packing my bike away yet. The weather is still too nice during the day. I want to start leaning towards track days, but don't have a suit yet. Also, how do I know if my bike is too loud or not? Is it judged by WOT or idle.

Uh... definitely in on track days next year. I just finished reading through Milko's build/track thread. Hooked.

Need a full suit and a beginners school/class!
Need some track gear too. I want to get out there and see what my bike can really do.

Depending on your previous experience, Look into TEAM Arizona. Cheap courses, and they are incredibly helpfull. The Advanced Riding and Total Control courses will definetly have you on track for the trackdays. The Total Control Courses are centered around pre-track concepts (works for any bike type) and is all vision/body position work. Exactly what you need to work on. The instructors are great guys too. If you go, let me know, and Ill try to have them give you some extra stuff.
I just started looking into AZ track days and it looks like our track is in Suprise. Is this where you guys are going?

#102 ·
Looks like you guys got a great group to bring out to the track and do some REAL riding of those machine's... It's getting quite cold... Pack those things away, and start planning for the track next year! Hit some trackdays, or even race weekends!

:cheers

#106 ·
As far as "too loud" the only track you will have issues is AMP (Arizona Motorsports Park). They have a 94dB sound limit. There are two sound sensors on two straights on the track.. you CANNOT surpass the 94dB while passing them. Some bikes need a short shift and a throttle drop and you will be ok. I have a full racing Akra on my bike, which still wont pass it. I need to either put the stock exhaust back on , or put a baffle in the exaust and hope it works.

The other tracks have no dB limit. AMP is a very fun track though =)

#111 ·
I'm never packing this bike away haha... Its my daily commuter, I guess I'll just have to adapt to the weather lol..

For anyone who is interested I made a public google map that we can pin our locations on. This way we can get a general idea of where everyone is located. QR6 I saw you posted earlier you live arround 51st & Baseline so I threw a pin in the map for ya, hope ya dont mind haha...

Here's the link: easy directions on how to pin are on the left hand side of the page

http://goo.gl/maps/rdg9j

Mike

#113 ·
Appearently I didn't know you must be logged into any google account in order to edit it. Prob won't be a problem for alot of people who have a google account. But if someone doesn't, they can just post here and anyone else can add them..

Once you are logged into a google account on your computer, just open the page and then the directions on the page make sense haha There is no EDIT button unless you've logged in...:screwy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.