Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

2000 r6 need help

1K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  UntamedMOTO 
#1 ·
When i rev my bike past 9 rpms it starts to sputter even when i ride can any one help me pin point whats wrong so i can fix asap?

#2 · (Edited)
#5 ·
03' is the 1st year of FI. If you can get the bugs worked out, you wouldn't feel that way. But it takes patience to get it right. The only thing that makes me want a newer bike is the suspension advantage they have over me. I have plenty of power for an older carb'ed bike, but I've spent a ton of time getting mine RIGHT. Most people just don't have the patience or perseverance to get it right.

#6 ·
does it happen at all throttle angles or only when its above half throttle or EVERY time its about 9k no matter what? get super descriptive

#9 ·
So...... Stock pipe? Stock filter? Stock jets? We need more info to help.

#13 ·
There you go....... K&N filter makes it LEAN as hell. Yoshi pipe makes it even more LEAN. If the jets are stock, I bet it runs like crap. Most people don't have the patience to get the carbs tuned to the K&N filter and end up going back to stock. Check all the hoses on the airbox & carbs too. I've heard about someone else have similar issues because a hose was off.

Another guy had one of his slides separate from the diaphragm, in 1 of his carbs, making the bike fall on its face around 8-9k, check those too.

Read this carb thread:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showt...+carb+settings

My carb'ed bike runs awesome BTW, just sayin.....

#11 · (Edited)
not to be rude, but do you think you are capable of disassembling the carbs, fixing them, and tuning the machine?

may need to shell out the cash for a quick easy fix by a mechanic

#15 ·
That's all jetting. You increased the airflow to your engine when you put the filter and the exhaust on. But the fuel flow didn't change because you didn't change the jets in the carbs. Now there is not enough fuel for the amount of air getting to your engine; i.e. your fuel/air ratio is lean.

Jet kits aren't that expensive, and let you get the most horsepower out of your bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.