Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Anyone with 05's trading for 06's?

2K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  rubonafide 
#1 ·
Since looking into trading my 05 R6 for an 06 R1, it got me thinking...Are any 05 R6 owners trading in for 06 R6's? If you are, why?

Thanks.

-Kyle

#3 ·
Not me. I can't figure out where you guys get all this money? I would if I could, but I still love my bike, and have put a lot a of time and energy into it.

#6 ·
I'm happy with my '05. It's still screamin' fast, and I have it all payed off. I'll let others get the 06 and then realize there were a few minor mistakes with it, let yamaha fix it, and I'll get a later year one. :)

~J

#7 ·
yeah no thanks, not so crazy about the new front of the 06' and when you sit on it the back of the wind screen and lights are all to squared off and likes more unfinished. plus that bike is not going to make you ride any better unless you are on the track pushing 14k all the time! I love my 05 Raven and would not trade it for anything

#8 ·
I'll be getting the next new generation R6 when it comes out, 09 I am guessing since they make a new one every 3 years... I just bought the 05 in June and I am not ready to part with it just yet....

#13 ·
It was down 10-20 on the 05? So how would that sway people from buying an 06, which you make out to be 10-20hp more then the 05 at 10K. Maybe I am just not reading your post right...

#15 ·
dpmach said:
He was saying that the 06 was down 10-20hp at 10000rpm on the 05. Since everyone knows the 06 makes its power higher then the 05 the 05 is more of a street friendly bike.
Exactly, I know I will get flamed for saying so but still.

I am big into fast cars, my friends and I all drive 11 10 and 9 second street cars. There are two ideologies here: small displacement high rpm motors and large displacement low (relatively) rpm motors. An engine with a broad powerband (usually larger displacement) feels x10000 faster than an engine with a narrow peaky power band running identical ETs. A narrow peaky powerband takes steeper gearing to make it "work", which means lots of RPM all the time.

I am no longer sold on the 06 R6. I thought it was awesome until I finally saw the 06 R6, 05 R6 and 06GSXR on the dyno together. I don't plan on keeping my 05 much longer, but will probably go with an 06/07 R1 instead.

#18 ·
njk27 said:
^ We hear ya. I am just going to wait for the new R1 to come out then I will buy.
Exactly!!! If you think the all new R6 has loads of new tech.!!! Wait for the 07 R1, I guarantee it will blow peoples mind!!! :toocool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.