Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Trading the R6 in

815 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Paytheon 
#1 ·
I've finally made the decision that come February I will be trading in my 06 anni for a different bike. Good news is that i will be grabbing an 08 R1. My buddy works at a dealership and is going to get me a screaming deal on one. Looking to see if anyone here has a 07 R1 and what they think of it, because I dont think they are going to change much if any for 08.

#3 ·
They probably will just fix all the little problems the 07 R1 had. Just like the 07 R6 the Filter box was fixed and the tach. Maybe they will add a color, but if your getting a good deal I would say go for it second year bikes are the best.

#4 ·
JSXR6 said:
They probably will just fix all the little problems the 07 R1 had. Just like the 07 R6 the Filter box was fixed and the tach. Maybe they will add a color, but if your getting a good deal I would say go for it second year bikes are the best.

"all the little problems" The only one I know about is the 5500 2nd gear hesitation...hopefully that's it.

I agree about the 2nd year models though...that's why I waited until th 2nd year the Z06 was out...just in case...and they added 20 HP as well. :YEA

#5 ·
from what ive been hearing the 08 R1 is supposed to be re designed. ive been waiting to see also because i would love to pick one up if they do!

#6 ·
jgny2000 said:
from what ive been hearing the 08 R1 is supposed to be re designed. ive been waiting to see also because i would love to pick one up if they do!
I doubt it since the 07 was a redesign unless they're going to 800 cc's.

You could be right but like I said...I doubt it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.