Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Graves EXUP Eliminator

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  D DEEZY 
#1 ·
I'm just curious if you guys know a website where they sell the Graves EXUP Eliminator cheap (not that it's not affordable, but I still want a good price). I thought eBay would be cheaper, but it turns out it's cheaper if I get it directly from Graves. Also, I just installed a slip-on on my R6, and I know I don't need to take off the EXUP since it's not a full system, but some people I know said that it will actaully sound better without the EXUP. Is this true? how would taking off the EXUP make a difference in sound?

#5 ·
I know, I was actually looking at that thread, but sad to say I'm really not all that electrical savy, if it involves electrical wires and a risk of messing it up, I take the easy way out. That's why I was looking at the Graves one, but I'm not so sure if it's even worth taking it off. I head it brings out a better sound, but I'm really not too sure about that either.

#8 ·
I'm just curious if you guys know a website where they sell the Graves EXUP Eliminator cheap (not that it's not affordable, but I still want a good price). I thought eBay would be cheaper, but it turns out it's cheaper if I get it directly from Graves. Also, I just installed a slip-on on my R6, and I know I don't need to take off the EXUP since it's not a full system, but some people I know said that it will actaully sound better without the EXUP. Is this true? how would taking off the EXUP make a difference in sound?
I know, I was actually looking at that thread, but sad to say I'm really not all that electrical savy, if it involves electrical wires and a risk of messing it up, I take the easy way out. That's why I was looking at the Graves one, but I'm not so sure if it's even worth taking it off. I head it brings out a better sound, but I'm really not too sure about that either.
If you've installed any slip on, you have already taken off the exup anyways. Just remove the cables and bolt the box back where it was. What's so difficult?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.