Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Help improving 60'

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dexter6 
#1 ·
First time on the track tonight (zMax Dragway) and just couldn't drop my 60'

I ranged from 2.214 to 2.419 with R/T ranging from .009 to .354. Launched between 6-8k RPM as any higher the rear tire would spin.

Stock performance wise 2009 R6, best run was 11.873 @ 123.69mph (best 60' time as well)

Any help would be awesome, thanks!

#2 ·
less air pressure in the rear tire, lower the bike, and strap the front end. I have a 3" lowering link in mine and it really helps to prevent wheelies. it costed about $80 and was easy to install. I haven't tried the front end strap or reducing air pressure, but they will also help. I just went to the drag strip last night for the first time and got a 1.8829 60ft launching at about the same rpm and my front tire never came off the ground. What kind of rear tire do you have? reducing air pressure and a softer compound would help with your traction issues

#3 ·
Im a 210lb guy without gear, and I was able to go 1.79 on a largely stock bike, no strap, basically a -1 and race fairings. There is a lot you can do stock that involves body position, clutch/throttle control, rpm choice, gearing, etc. There really isnt much reason to lower the air pressure unless you are having spinning issues, as this will actually increase your rolling resistance and slow your speed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.