2006 R6 ecu problem : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Garage / Mechanical Help

Old 11-23-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
OPEtaperunner
My R6 eats me.

2006 R6 ecu problem

When i turn the key on i get the error message Er_1.

Fault code: Er-1
Diagnostic Code: --
Symptom: No signals are received from the ECU.
Probable cause of malfunction:
Open or short circuit in wiring sub lead.
Malfunction in meter.
Malfunction in ECU.

So my question is can i reset the ECU and if so how? I disconnected and reseconnected the battery with no luck.

Thanks
OPEtaperunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
06r6'n
I'm a generalist

Bike: Black Bitch
Re: 2006 R6 ecu problem

subscribed - Sorry I don't have the answer, but interested in what it might be

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Calling me a woman after complaining that the r6 seat is too hard for your swollen pussy lips? You are using female logic.... This leads me to believe that you are, in fact, female. The next logical progression from this is tits or GTFO. If, in fact, you are genetically male, proceed to GTFO. Thanks.
I powdercoat click here for details
Passenger Peg Plugs 2006-2007 & 2008-2012 available here
06r6'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
Woodzee
I Race my R6

Bike: FZR400, R6, R6, R6 & R6

Don't know the answer off the top of my head.. I'll have to dig out my service manual out of the race trailer to look up the code.

R.A.C.E. AM #16
S.O.A.R. Nov #16

I would like to thank my sponsors : Yamaha, Dunlop(Pro6), Don Butt Autobody, North American Decal, BCR, Z1, Bickle Racing, Hindle Exhaust Systems, Armour Bodies, Accelerated Technologies, NRC, MOM, VISA, MC, AMEX and TD Line of Credit.
Woodzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
jwxfd
190rwhp......:eek5

Bike: 2011 S1000RR, 97 CR500
Send a message via Yahoo to jwxfd

How many miles? Was it giving any indication before it threw this code? Check wiring harness to ECU, disconnect/re-connect, inspect connection, see if there is any corrision or obstruction in the connector. ECU's fail, but more than likely it hasnt, but if you can get your hands on another one and throw it in there, that would tell you if thats your problem or not.

Sig courtesy of the man himself: GIjoe007

jwxfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #5
OPEtaperunner
My R6 eats me.

Well i checked the connection and turns out there is one blue/black wire that is opened but the copper is still 100% connected, the bike has 16k miles on if that helps? I'm not thinking its the wire because it was opened today while i was taking it apart i think i accidently snipped it open :facepalm: so still not sure going to try to borrow an ECU and see if that's what is causing it.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
YAMAHA-RACING
I eat my R6

Wink Re: 2006 R6 ecu problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPEtaperunner View Post
Well i checked the connection and turns out there is one blue/black wire that is opened but the copper is still 100% connected, the bike has 16k miles on if that helps? I'm not thinking its the wire because it was opened today while i was taking it apart i think i accidently snipped it open :facepalm: so still not sure going to try to borrow an ECU and see if that's what is causing it.

Don't do that....if your cable is the problem you may end up in burning the other too...do the opposite...a working bike and snap in yours...if it is working you have a short circuit in your ECU harness....or it is possible the ECU is not powered....a fuse is gone....you should check the small box near the battery where the BIG red and black cable connect from the battery...it does have a transparent cover...open it...2 fuses one is the spare one one is the real one...check if this last one is burned....if so go back in time and recall last time it was working...you probably work somewhere and short circuit something???
YAMAHA-RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
jwxfd
190rwhp......:eek5

Bike: 2011 S1000RR, 97 CR500
Send a message via Yahoo to jwxfd

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAMAHA-RACING View Post
Don't do that....if your cable is the problem you may end up in burning the other too...do the opposite...a working bike and snap in yours...if it is working you have a short circuit in your ECU harness....or it is possible the ECU is not powered....a fuse is gone....you should check the small box near the battery where the BIG red and black cable connect from the battery...it does have a transparent cover...open it...2 fuses one is the spare one one is the real one...check if this last one is burned....if so go back in time and recall last time it was working...you probably work somewhere and short circuit something???
^^^Yes, my bad, if your problem is in the wiring, putting a good ECU in would cause the good one to fry and youd be out 2 ECU's. So yes, put your ECU in another bike and see if the problem follows...

Sig courtesy of the man himself: GIjoe007

jwxfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:58 PM   #8
Dave_Stumph
I eat my R6

Bike: 06 R6

Subscribed

+1 on trying your ECU on another bike!!
Dave_Stumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:54 PM   #9
OPEtaperunner
My R6 eats me.

Yeah that makes sense i will do that i have friend right down the street with the same bike and i checked the fuses they're all good so i've narrowed it down to the harness or the ECU itself, i'll update with what happens tonight.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:31 AM   #10
papadogiannis
My R6 eats me.

hi opetaperunner,i would like to ask you what was the problem because i have the same problem too.....thanks in advance
papadogiannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement