Level One Racing Exhaust : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Product Reviews

Old 02-25-2010, 11:01 AM   #1
victoryn
My R6 eats me.

Level One Racing Exhaust

I want to start off by saying that I'm no way associated with Level One racing, this review just shows how happy I am with their product. Sorry no pictures yet, its snowing like crazy here in good ole michigan I purchased the 260 factory exhaust with Db killer for my 05 r6. I had a yoshi pipe it before but was a bit too quiet for me so Im gunna sell it bc LOR has me hooked!

Product 9/10. For only costing $330 bucks this exhaust is built like a rock, not quite to the standards of the high end exhaust but very solid craftsmanship. I must also say the packaging they sent it in was bullet proof, no way this pipe was getting damaged by the UPS man!

Cost 10/10. To my door with the factory outlet ($30) and dB killer ($33), the pipe only cost like $360 bucks....its a steal for the product you are getting

Sound 9/10. I read a ton of reviews saying this thing was nasty loud, I don't find it to be nasty loud but its my no means quiet. With out the dB killer my idle revs were very jumpy but this was fixed with the dB killer in. The dB killer is a must in my opinion, still very loud and sounds mean as hell. I was surprised at how low the exhaust note was, all thru the rev range, makes my bike sound like its on steroids Overall the sound is awesome, best exhaust Ive heard on a r6 yet, but I may be biased!

Customer service 10/10. It was a pleasure to do service with them. A+ customer service....top notch!

Performance ????. 12" inches of snow here is stopping me from giving a review on performance, hopefully soon tho!

Overall if you guys are looking for a exhaust that sounds mean, loud, and is well built I'd suggest you look at LOR exhaust!
victoryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: Level One Racing Exhaust

db killer?

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
boostaddict
winter ruins my year

Bike: 07 R6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoryn View Post
I read a ton of reviews saying this thing was nasty loud, I don't find it to be nasty loud but its my no means quiet.
Wait till you have a load on it, you can't tell by just revving the bike in neutral. It will be "nasty" loud. I made it 4 months with that thing buzzing inside my helmet...at about 4k rpm it's the worst. If you like riding at night and plan on getting home late, or early in the morning, expect the neighbors to come waltzing your way eventually.

integrated tail. chopped high mount micron. graves flushies. BMC. PCIII. metzeler fanboy.
boostaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
hairhead29
gettin' some

Bike: 2009 R6S

Just put one on my 09 R6S. Nastiest soundin' pipe I could find. I too am hooked. boostaddict is right. Wait till you get that thing out on the road. At timres it sounds like a deep two stroke. Best investment so far. Glad to hear some chat on this thing. Live outside of Pittsburgh and no one even knows LOR exists.
hairhead29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:16 AM   #5
djswain22
Blow it out ur @ss!

Bike: 2010 R1

I have a LOR on my 04, i love it...few around here in ct has heard of them either...I love it...I was in love with my yoshi until i got this thing...i rock without the db killer and love it!

^ Courtesy of TwizzY
Thanks!
djswain22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #6
victoryn
My R6 eats me.

Ive put a few hundred miles on her now and Im in love! Awesome pipe for the money!
victoryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:42 PM   #7
Dakota11
Jesus Reigns

Bike: 2009 R6s

The LOR was my 2nd choice. Traded for the HR1 Riot instead, and love it. Both are sick exhaust
Hotbodies Flushmounts
6000k Luminics Pure Blue headlights
SpeedoDRD
BMC Air Filter
Powercommander III
Level One Racing exhaust
Custom powercommander map

ASV Levers

We'll sing until the whole world hears

Praise the Father, praise the Son.
Dakota11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #8
X-D-X
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 R6S

Has anyone on this forum been stopped for the exhaust being to loud? and ive heard it gets real old after a long ride do you guys agree?

2007 Yamaha R6S-
-Michelin Pilot Powers
-Modified Stock Exhaust
-K&N Air Filter
-GYTR Velocity Stacks
-Frame Sliders

The fun is just beginning...
X-D-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:35 PM   #9
02R6CHRIS
She wants me to twist it!

Bike: ^ That one!

Ive had my LOR for about a year now and I love it!!! The best sound is when you first get on the interstate and crack it open at full throttle in second gear!!! Sounds so mean!! I will agree with everyone else that if you plan on leaving early or getting home late your going to be panicking about how loud your being but other than that its perfect! It does get a little annoyingly loud after a long period but I have speakers and a MP3/Radio (Sansa) built into my helmet so I listen to music most of the time anyway so I dont pay attention or concentrate on the sound. In traffic you dont have to worry about anyone not knowing your their.

One of the best things about it is when your with a bunch of other bikes and each one of them starts reaving in a cock measuring contest guess who's gonna win!!
Old 04-07-2010, 08:01 PM   #10
hairhead29
gettin' some

Bike: 2009 R6S

Quote:
Has anyone on this forum been stopped for the exhaust being to loud? and ive heard it gets real old after a long ride do you guys agree?
No not yet. Have had mine for about two months and I'm addicted. I ride it just to hear how SIC it sounds. This is how I feel a bike should sound. Have gotten alot of compliments from other riders. Long rides in the 4K-6K range can be deafening but I'm just a junkie.
hairhead29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement