YEC reflash : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Product Reviews

Old 03-11-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
michaelrc51
Lifetime Premium

Bike: R6
Send a message via AIM to michaelrc51
YEC reflash

OK, I finally pulled the trigger and spent A LOT OF $$$ on one of Yamaha-racing's YEC ECU reflash. I recieved the ECU today so I don't have a complete review yet but I can say everything is looks OEM. The ECU looks like an OEM ECU and the download cable looks like an OEM connector. He even gives you the pins to change around the pin out of the OEM connector.

That is it for now, if I have time between everything going on I will take pictures of the stuff before I install it but it will be a few weeks before I have the time to install and play with it.
michaelrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
rmerchant3
Insert nonsense here

Bike: SM510R
Send a message via AIM to rmerchant3
Re: YEC reflash

Been wanting to see a LEGIT review of this for a while now.

rmerchant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:12 AM   #3
michaelrc51
Lifetime Premium

I have been so busy lately but I figured that I would post something. HEere are some pictures of the ECU and how it came, instructions and all.
Like I said before, it looks like all of the work is done very well. It will be a few weeks before I get to install and play with it but here is the unit and wiring harness the way it came.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:58 AM   #4
8Ball
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball

Bike: '03 R6, XR400, V-Star

SWEEET! Looking forward to you review.

A PROPER review, that is.

I find a Soap Box comes in handy to get on my High Horse!
8Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #5
Captscooter 954 R6
STOP PROJECTING ON ME@!!@

Bike: 2002 954, 2006 R6

i hope your a racer.. cuz if not.. talk about a huge waste of chedder...
2006 RAVEN-Full Yosh TRC Carbon System. Graves Block-Off Plates, PC3 USB, Shogun No-Cut Frame Sliders, Speedo Healer, Greggs Customs Front Flush Mounts. Powdercoated Pass. Pegs and Rearsets. Zero Gravity Clear Dubble Bubble. CRG Shorty Roll-A-Click Levers in Black. Michelin Pilot Power 2CT Front and Rear. EBC HH front Pads. Galfer Black Brake Lines. Acumen Digital Gear Indicator. GYTR Filter. Tuned Stock Suspension. Integrated Rear Turn Signals into Pass. Pegs with L.E.D.s
Captscooter 954 R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:48 AM   #6
michaelrc51
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captscooter 954 R6 View Post
No, I am not a racer....just always looking to improve the performance of my motorcycle. I know what the benefits are and I do have a full Supersport motor in my motorcycle. I will be giving a review based on what this ECU offers and how even people who don't ride the track could benefit from buying this ECU even though it's true potential would be noticed on the race track.

If these points are explained by a decent review I think a lot of people that don't know EXACTLY what it could do for them may or mat not be interested but atleast they would be informed as to what it could do for them.

Just to let everyone know....I didn't get any discount. I am on the fence about this review seeing as how I didn't get any dscount but if I can help anyone else make their decision I will be glad to help if I can. As I see it Yamaha-racing should have offered a decent discount to get his product out there and get some reviews on it.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:55 AM   #7
Captscooter 954 R6
STOP PROJECTING ON ME@!!@

Bike: 2002 954, 2006 R6

i definetly want to see some dyno graphs and hear some review.
2006 RAVEN-Full Yosh TRC Carbon System. Graves Block-Off Plates, PC3 USB, Shogun No-Cut Frame Sliders, Speedo Healer, Greggs Customs Front Flush Mounts. Powdercoated Pass. Pegs and Rearsets. Zero Gravity Clear Dubble Bubble. CRG Shorty Roll-A-Click Levers in Black. Michelin Pilot Power 2CT Front and Rear. EBC HH front Pads. Galfer Black Brake Lines. Acumen Digital Gear Indicator. GYTR Filter. Tuned Stock Suspension. Integrated Rear Turn Signals into Pass. Pegs with L.E.D.s
Captscooter 954 R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:16 AM   #8
michaelrc51
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
i definetly want to see some dyno graphs and hear some review.
I won't have dyno graphs for a while, for now I will use the tune it comes with and use the Bazzaz/AFM to tune but I do have it in my plans to get my own tuning done later....all depends on funding. But I believe their will be some initial positive impressions like when I used the HRC as compared to the OEM ECU, their were definitely gains just by plugging it in. That was on my 06 CBR1000RR with a stock motor.
We will see but with everything that is going on around here it will be a while....
Old 03-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #9
tommy two wheels
best used above 10,000rpm

Bike: 08 R6

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrc51 View Post
No, I am not a racer....just always looking to improve the performance of my motorcycle. I know what the benefits are and I do have a full Supersport motor in my motorcycle. I will be giving a review based on what this ECU offers and how even people who don't ride the track could benefit from buying this ECU even though it's true potential would be noticed on the race track.
...every R6 comes with a supersport motor...

please post a before/after dyno chart as soon as your wallet permits...i hope it was worth the coin...

08 R6 - Liquid Silver * Puig DB Windscreen * Pazzo Racing Shorties * Driven Diamond Grips * Bad Boy Racing Bar Ends * Pipercross Air Filter * Proton Flushmounts * OES Accessories Frame Sliders * Sato Racing Rearsets * Graves Fender Eliminator * Clear Alternatives Integrated Taillight * PCIII w/Graves Custom Map (Dyno tuned) * HealTech v4.0 Speedohealer * EK MVXZ 520 Chain * Driven Stainless Front/Driven EVO Rear Sprockets * Graves Smog Block-offs * Graves Full Stainless/Carbon Fiber Exhaust * Marchesini Wheels * Michelin Pilot Power 3s

14 FZ-09 - Liquid Graphite (#623) * Pazzo Racing Shorties * EvoTech Performance Radiator Guard/Air Intake Guards * R&G Racing Tail Tidy * Puig Windscreen

tommy two wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:06 PM   #10
8Ball
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball

Bike: '03 R6, XR400, V-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy two wheels View Post

...every R6 comes with a supersport motor...
Ummm, no.

stock R6 ~105 HP
Supersport R6 ~130 HP AMA (when AMA had a real SS class)
~150 HP World Supersport

I find a Soap Box comes in handy to get on my High Horse!
8Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement