Build thread - Panici : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Bike Build Forum

Old 09-15-2010, 07:56 AM   #1
Panici
Knee drags YOU!

Bike: '05 R6 + Vintage Yamahas
Build thread - Panici

Current mod list:
Pirelli Superbike Pro Slicks, Hyperpro RSC, Hindle Slipon, Renthal 50mm Clipons, Renthal Hard Grips, Agg Blockoff plates, Custom toe guard/shark fin, Motul 4T 5100 10W-40, Gold D.I.D. 520 ERV3, Water Wetter, Short black levers, Woodcraft spool sliders, Custom Exhaust Hanger, R6 Forum Socks, Front&Rear Stands, Custom Res mount, LH fan delete, Chain guard delete.
Track: Armor Bodies Superbike bodywork, Woodcraft cut frame sliders, Horn delete, LH Bar Controls delete, Bickle tire warmers.

Street: OEM Solo Cowl, Hotbodies Flushmounts, Custom Fender Eliminator, Clear Alternatives LED Taillight, Motovation No-Cut.

Gear: Shoei X-11, Suomy Laglio 1-PC, A* Bionic Race Shield, A* Tech Chest Guard, SIDI Vortice, Spyke ST303 Gloves, Shock Doctor Gravity 2 STC mouth guard, Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 Textile

============Original First Post===================

Finally found the one for me. 2005 R6, blue.

The bike after the first wash I gave it.
http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/k...-R6/FirstWash/

In the parking lot of a local university a few weeks later.
http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/k...ZF-R6/r6m3one/

=============

Then I cracked up the bike after a highside.
Also broke my arm, wrist, had surgery on my UCL in my thumb, and fractured my jaw.
Wearing full gear might I add
http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/k...YZF-R6/Damage/

=============

Bought some mint used fairings, and gas tank from an R6 forum member. New Shoei X-11
Then mods started happening. Removed passenger pegs, solo cowl, custom exhaust hanger, R6-forum socks, removed rear hugger.

=============

Then I picked up some track fairings. Armor Bodies Superbike bodywork from another R6 forum member. Also got some shorty levers.
Custom front light, custom taillight.

Took more of the decals off the track bodywork.
They'll probably all go when I put my new vynals on.

Waiting on some seat foam, and tires to come in.
Trackday booked for Sept. 25

A few vintage Yamaha bikes

Last edited by Panici; 07-04-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Panici is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
YamahaJoe
R Sexiness

Bike: 2008 R6
Send a message via AIM to YamahaJoe
Re: Build thread - Panici

Lookin good! Is that a light on the front or just the reflection of your camera?
Accessories JE824016's awesome projector mod/ Lockhart Phillips Frame Slidders/ D2MOTO Smoked Flush Front Mounts/ R&R Cycles Fender Eliminator Kit/ Joe-Florida LED Accent Kit (Green)/ Hotbodies Dark Smoke Windscreen/ Tank Pad (Clear)/ Forum socks/ Powder Coated Rear Sets, Passenger Pegs, Brake and Shift Levers, Shift Rod and Kickstand Gloss Black Performance BMC filter (Street)/ Pazzo shorty levers (Black, Gold adjuster)/ MJS full system/ Driven 520 -1, +2 (Black Sprocket, Black EK MVXZ Chain)/ SpeedoDRD/ Graves Block Off Plates/ PCV with Dual Map Switch/ Made 102hp at the wheel with a safe street tune
YamahaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
Panici
Knee drags YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaJoe View Post
Lookin good! Is that a light on the front or just the reflection of your camera?
That's a light.

License plate isn't mounted yet, I have to figure out how to mount it to the undertail, which is already tight against the plastic tray/subframe. (and I can't get to the top with the tail on, in order to tighten/hold the nuts.) I'll probably JBweld some hardware in there.

Also from yesterday night as well (go watch it in better quality )
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPzSA-XcyxY

Last edited by Panici; 09-15-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:04 PM   #4
killa kali
^^ tallest Yamaha rider^^

Bike: 2004 R1

looks great
killa kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #5
Doc-Ram
I <3 trucks

Bike: 08 R6, '10 SF1098

def looking great, no number plate? So u be running track fairings on the street too I guess and hence the light and the license plate?
Doc-Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #6
Panici
Knee drags YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6rammy View Post
def looking great, no number plate? So u be running track fairings on the street too I guess and hence the light and the license plate?
Thanks

Yeah, I figure i'll be lazy and not switch back to street plastics unless I plan to do some night riding or longer rides.

The white portions will be where i'll put some numbers.
The fairings when I bought them (this was the good side, the other side had some damage which I fixed up):

Old 09-27-2010, 03:41 PM   #7
spazio10
I eat my R6

Bike: 05 R6 street, 04 R6 track

looking good man! i miss that bodywork
Old 09-27-2010, 06:51 PM   #8
Panici
Knee drags YOU!

Then came the track prep:
-Hyperpro RSC damper.
-Bridgestone BT-003 RS
-Water Wetter
-Woodcraft spool sliders

My first Trackday. It took me the first two sessions to learn the track and get the gremlins out of my system from my last crash.

I was still basically the slowest guy there, but considering I was only 1 of 2 guys who had never tracked before, I didn't feel bad.

Unfortunately it's hard to get corner pics at this track, so the pics I have aren't that great.

I did get my suspension set-up trackside. The bike felt much better after that.

Yeah, I know my BP is shit here, this was from the first or second session. I was really stiff on the bike until after that.

I never did get knee down, but I did drag my right toe slider twice. The first time was because I had the ball of my foot on the end of the peg, but i'm not sure what happened the second time. I was definitely low enough (I favour leaning to my right side, evident by the chicken strips afterwards. Left still has some unused rubber, but right I at least touched the edge slightly). I must have been tucking in my knee.

I was hoping for some pictures of me in the corners so I could see my BP and figure out where to improve, but no such luck this time.

Here is one of my laps of the last session. Sorry about the shake.
Camera was literally ziptied on as the session was starting, so I didn't really care at that point, just wanted to get on the track.
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUb-ToD3gc8

Last edited by Panici; 05-03-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #9
spazio10
I eat my R6

Bike: 05 R6 street, 04 R6 track

pics look good. If i didnt have to work i woulda been there too. some of my friends showed up. whens the next one? ill be at tmp oct 15-17 race weekend. might try and do the 14th racer 5 track day too. hope to see ya out there!
Old 09-27-2010, 11:18 PM   #10
Panici
Knee drags YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazio10 View Post
pics look good. If i didnt have to work i woulda been there too. some of my friends showed up. whens the next one? ill be at tmp oct 15-17 race weekend. might try and do the 14th racer 5 track day too. hope to see ya out there!
Hey man. It's my last/only day for this year. I already blew basically all the money I had saved up getting the bike ready/paying for this track day.

I'm at school now, trying to get a job to save a little, and hopefully get out there next spring.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement