» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 01-15-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
thirdgenlxi
I eat my R6

Bike: '04 CBR 600 F4i
Send a message via AIM to thirdgenlxi
People never cease to amaze me on how they treat animals

Well apparently sometime over the past week or so, somebody decided to dump these little guys to die over by my house somewhere. My neighbor had said on I think tuesday that she saw 2 little puppies running around in my yard, then going in and out of an old empty building next to my driveway. I hadn't seen them, but I put a bowl of food and some water out on the porch hoping they'd find it. The food sat there untouched all week, and I hadn't once seen them so I figured they were just passing through and had already moved on to somewhere else. Took Piggy into the vet this morning, and I come home around 11:00 or so and as I'm pulling in the driveway I see 2 puppies run under the old building, one solid black and the other solid tan/orange-ish. These guys were absolutely scared to death.... took me about 4 hours just to get them to trust me enough to come out from under the building while I was outside. I made a food trail with some turkey I had, from the building, across the driveway, up a couple steps, and into my house. The black one came in and I was able to get him, but the other one is way way more apprehensive and still won't come near me. I'll have to work with him some more tomorrow...

Anyways, here's the first little guy that the scumbags left for dead. It's a male, looks to be a lab, prob only weighs about 5 lbs, and the only thing you feel is spinal cord and rib bones... it's like petting a skeleton. Once I got him in the house he was still super scared and hid under some chairs for quite awhile, but once I was able to get ahold of him and hold him for awhile he calmed down and almost went to sleep on my lap. Totally sweet pup though, no aggression whatsoever. He was dirty and smelled terrible so I gave him a bath so now he smells like apples, and they've gotta go to the vet ASAP cuz this ones got worms (not sure about the other one... prob does too)

He sure was thirsty!

Him and Piggy almost instantly bonded, lol

I'm kinda thinking he thinks Piggy is his mama.... he got all excited when I brought her out, following her around everywhere wagging his tail, and curling up in her belly

He was cooooold.... after his bath he just sat there next to the radiator for I don't know how long. Mind you it was 8 deg outside fri morning, so I'd say he's prob pretty lucky given how small and underweight he is

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with them yet, if I'm gonna keep them or find them a good home elsewhere (and keep them together... I do believe they're siblings and they were stuck to each other like glue outside). I'll get them to the vet first thing monday and go from there. I hate when people do stuff like this though.... I mean you don't have to even be an animal lover to at least have a heart and take them to a shelter or something

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 282,300 miles and still kicking
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 437,000 miles still running strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
stg313
I eat my R6

Bike: 08 Raven
Re: People never cease to amaze me on how they treat animals

looks like a cool little dog

I need a new sig. PM me if your willing to help!
stg313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:59 PM   #3
LowsRsicks
I <3 my R6

Bike: 2003 Yamaha R6

Nice job, man! Hopefully you can get the other pup too.

Quote:
I'm the dark lord of asses.
Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless like water. You put water in a cup it becomes the cup, you put water in a bottle it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.- Bruce Lee

!AHAMAY maeT

"You offended meee, You offended my familyyy"

Quote:
Motorcycling is not for cool people, it'll get you in trouble.
LowsRsicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #4
03r6special
her name is Megan Fox

Bike: 05 track

Hope you can get the other pup soon. Now it's not only cold, but by itself. I doubt they were dropped off by someone, It seems like these dogs were born on the streets. Just by the way they are acting, they prob haven't come into contact with humans before.
03r6special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #5
Thinkmoto
slow guy

Bike: 2007 R6

Props to you for taking the effort to help them.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #6
GregMk1
No Passengers!!!

Bike: 06 R6 Raven

Extremely cool of you. Wish I could take him off your hands but I'm in SA.
Nothing better than a puppy that smells like apples :-)
GregMk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:23 PM   #7
chrisjones
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

How far are you away from mebane NC my mom is looking for a puppy right now. If you decide not to keep him.
chrisjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:34 PM   #8
coop1985
Hakuna Matata, btches!

good thing you got that puppy....you are a good man for doing that, hope you get the other one....hopefully you either keep them or they go to a good home
2008 XL1200N - Vance and Hines 2-1 blackout exhaust, MoFlo A/C, Cobra Fi2000, airbrushed rear fender, smoked signals, custom side mount license plate, custom coil relocator with beer bottle opener, custom key relocation w/cig lighter.

All Custom work done by Texas Proud Custom Cycles
coop1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:54 PM   #9
gooseward
I eat my R6

Bike: 09 R6 03 Yz 250

Daaammmn Jared hes a cute little thing. I wont be able to come hang out for a while now because I will wanna bring them home lol. I hope you catch the other little turkey so he can get cleaned up and fed.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:22 AM   #10
R6TRAILER
Impossible is Nothing.

Bike: New one in the future!

thats awsome man, kudos to you, some people are so stupid...
R6TRAILER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement