Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Sherman's 2008 R6 Track Build Thread

110K views 1K replies 86 participants last post by  babymilo36 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!

I was lucky enough to pick up my first bike back up again so I decided to convert it into a dedicated track bike. Right now it just has an Akrapovic slip-on. I will update with pictures and purchases and maybe even track progress. Here we go!

What is done already
1. Suspension tune by Whoopie's Cycles - $30
2. GPR V4 Damper (used) - $245
3. Dunlop D211 GP N-TEC UK Made (take offs) - $150
4. Aftermarket shorty levers - $40

What needs to be done
1. Optimal Racing track plastics
2. Zero Gravity double bubble windscreen
3. Fren Tubo type 3 brake lines
4. Graves slip-on
5. MJS headers
6. Bazzaz + AFM
7. Penske rear shock

Here's a picture before I start molesting her.

Here is a picture of the paint scheme I ideally would like to do (thanks Ram for the picture!). I'm thinking of powdercoating the wheels gold because I think white on gold looks like tits. If you guys are wondering, that monkey is from an Asian clothing brand called Baby Milo, hence my screen name.

If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to throw them at me! I'm still a noob.

Update 4/10/12 :popcorn:

Rest of the images HERE :toocool:

See less See more
#4 ·
should be a fun build!!

im prob wrong but isnt baby milo part of the bape line up??

#17 ·
Update! :D Sorry it took so long........ I decided to hold off on the track plastics, as I am too slow to be needing those for now. So as of right now, I will just be sticking to trusty ol' painters tape :fact

Zero Gravity double bubble windscreen

Ballistic battery 4 cell (thanks TJ :cheers)

No-name brand shorty levers

My GoPro (one of the few locations I will place it at. Any other suggestions on where to mount? I would like somewhere to view the speedo)

#26 ·
Update! :D Sorry it took so long........ I decided to hold off on the track plastics, as I am too slow to be needing those for now. So as of right now, I will just be sticking to trusty ol' painters tape :fact

Zero Gravity double bubble windscreen

Ballistic battery 4 cell (thanks TJ :cheers)

No-name brand shorty levers

My GoPro (one of the few locations I will place it at. Any other suggestions on where to mount? I would like somewhere to view the speedo)
It's about time! Where did you get the shorty levers from? I need to get a back-up set.

And yea, like Chief said, just do the screen mount like Dieselboy. I'm going to try that position out myself. I love the gauges view.

#20 · (Edited)
I feel like I have already answered all your questions before...... hahhahaha.

Yes, I'll be at MSRH this weekend, you lectured me for staying in level 1 :poke

Yeah, extremely stoked about those NTECs. First time I'll be running Dunlops too :nocontrol

Like I said ABOOOOOVE if someone read :sing
I won't be ordering race fairings yet because I'm too slow :fact

#29 ·
Alright, I stalked Dieselboy's YouTube page and found his video. Pretty neat idea but it might be a little distracting for me if the camera is right in front of my face... For those of you who mounted it on the gas tank, where exactly did you mount it?

#44 ·
Some pics my friend took my last track day :nocontrol

Oh look my dad came out to see me! (A brief history, I got into an accident 2 years ago and my parents didn't know I got back on the bike right after so a few weeks ago I finally told my dad I was back on the bike in.. a.... safer..... environment...... So he came out to see me!)

#47 ·
Some pics my friend took my last track day :nocontrol

Oh look my dad came out to see me! (A brief history, I got into an accident 2 years ago and my parents didn't know I got back on the bike right after so a few weeks ago I finally told my dad I was back on the bike in.. a.... safer..... environment...... So he came out to see me!)

You don't look like a Sherman. :*tongue :laugh

Those are nice pics bro. I've paid $50 for pics not nearly as nice. :laugh Lookin good bro. You can really see how relaxed your arms are in the 1st and 3rd pic. Keep it up bro!

#52 ·
Probably not, when I go to a full system, I'll probably throw the Akra on the street bike. I'll keep you guys updated if I do end up selling though.

Do you live in Houston? Check out wforiders.com and tell them babymilo36 the Asian sent you :fact

#53 ·
As I have told some of you already...... I went to track on Monday and it was the first time I scraped knee :D It was just a few taps on the ground and the first time I touched down, my instructor TA witnessed it.

Overall really fun experience at TWS (Texas World Speedway), this was my second time there so I was just enjoying my time there. My lines were a bit sloppy in this video but overall I understand where to go and this time the x's really helped me out a lot.

Main things I need to work on:

1. Digging my knee into the tank to get myself lower
2. Elbow out, forcing my upper body to get down more

Lastly, I think I want to start working on trail braking. As you guys know, two years ago I got into a motorcycle accident so whenever I feel like I have to brake last minute, I get a little paranoid so that causes me to slow down a lot sooner than I should. However I think I'm getting to that speed where I can brake later and start to trail brake and learn to overcome my fear.

But anyways here is my video! Pictures to come once the photographer sends them over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.