Roadrash recovery : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 07-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
AlcoholicVR4
KEITH stone

Bike: 06 ZX-6RR
Roadrash recovery

This is Corey aka roadrash aka StealthRavens brother. I would like to say thank you so much to everyone who has been praying and thinking about him. It really means alot to Corey, my family and myself. Now onto Corey's condition. He was involved in a collision with a parked toyota sequia at about 50mph. we are not sure how exactly this happened but when he arrived at the hospital in shock he told the doctors his throttle stuck open and he could not stop. So that is the story for now. so dont be posting that he was riding crazy or unsafe (Devon) because nobody really knows yet. Corey suffered a compound fracture in his leg,punctured lung, a broken pelvic bone, several broken ribs, lost his spleen and a kidney and his intestines where in 3 pieces. the night he came in they spent a total of around 12 hours trying to stop the bleeding and gave him a total of around 35 units of blood keeping him alive(human body holds about 8 units of blood) They removed 2 ft of intestines and sewed them back up but the swelling was so severe they could not close his abdomen up. he is on a breathing machine and has a tube in his side keeping his lung inflated, he also suffered a deep laceration to his side and cut al the muscles on his left side near the ribs. they have a suction machine in there that will suck the muscles back together over a months time. they put a rod in his leg and it is looking better. from the crash corey did not substain any head or brain injuries thanks to his shoei rf-1100. but since his one kidney was down and not used to the extra work he was not able to flush out all of the fluids he was getting and he brain swelled up and is still swollen se he is not able to respond to us yet. Still trying to find out if his brain has been damaged from the swelling. but his kidney is back on track and is producing urine and starting to flush things out and his swelling in arms and face has gone down. that is all of the updates i have for now. he is still in icu and has been for 2 weeks as of today , but his vitals are stable and he is still fighting . so keep him in your prayers !

Last edited by Mario J; 07-20-2011 at 07:31 PM.
AlcoholicVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
Nick18
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Bike: 2007 R6 & 2008 R6
Re: Roadrash recovery

Holy crap I don't care what bad things he did hopefully it works out, hopefully he pulls through

2007 R6
Currently in a coma
I Need Parts!!!!
Everything from the trees forward:
Clipons, forks, lower triple and gauges
race plastics accepted also
PM me
Nick18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
Agg2001
Original Member-Vendor

Bike: 2007 R6, 2005 CRF250r
Send a message via AIM to Agg2001 Send a message via MSN to Agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to Agg2001

oh man... i'm still thinking/praying for him. i had been given a few short/quick updates via alvin, but yours is MUCH more nerve-racking. thanks for the update though - i, along with quite a few others, have been waiting on an accurate up to date update.

best wishes...

fyi... i love the "keith stone" reference. be sure to tell corey i'm popping my forearm tattoo cherry this fall.

High-end, AFFORDABLE, parts and accessories for your bike!

ALWAYS free shipping to the USA, with 1-3 day delivery times.

Agg2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
Zexel
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2005 CTS V

So happy to hear a solid update. I am praying for him and we all hope him the best. Hopefully he can go on about his life as normal as possible after the incident.

for Corey!
Zexel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #5
6spdg37s
I eat my R6

hope dudes ok ! prayers for ur boy
6spdg37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #6
Juszyk
I eat my R6

Bike: 2004 Yamaha YZF-R6
Damn this is really horrible to hear with all our members getting hospitalized.

Being in the medical field I know about everything you've mentioned. My thoughts and prayers go out to your whole family. God speed to a full recovery.
Juszyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:32 PM   #7
Blk'06
I eat my R6

Bike: 2006 R6
Holy crap! Definitely keeping him in my prayers! Keep fighting Corey!!
Blk'06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #8
8Ball
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball

Bike: '03 R6, XR400, V-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmejiaa View Post
Edit -- Your attitude got the best of me. The forum is past those comments and you bringing them up again just defeats the purpose.

Would never wish what he is going through on anyone and I hope he gets better every minute, truly sad to see 2 of our members right now in bad situations
But the comments are still in the other thread for everyone to read, and the comments started early. And to be honest it pissed me off, too, that people felt they needed to air that crap out when someone has been injured ...specially when it is this bad!

AlcoholicVR4, please keep us updated.

I find a Soap Box comes in handy to get on my High Horse!
8Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #9
Illernoise
RESPECT

Hoping he pulls through ok!
08 R6 Track Build

RIP Jason Jones - snocompton
RESPECT
Illernoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #10
derffred
=]

Bike: 2007 Candy Red R6
Send a message via AIM to derffred

Positive thoughts and prayers. Stay strong Corey!

Upgrades List
Facebook <- Add me

RIP BallistiK
derffred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement